Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2020 3:04:45 AM EDT

i have something that looks like this, which pads will work with it?
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 4:50:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 5:18:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 5:52:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I love these responses, makes me laugh hard.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 8:32:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Can’t see pics so I’m gonna take a wild stab in the dark...

If it fits on your head....
And it has or can take hook and loop pads on the interior...

You want 4D Tactical pads.

Sold by TNVC and a “connected” dude on eBay.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 8:38:18 AM EDT
[#5]
The answer is always 4D.  I have them in my Ops bump and FAST ballistic and it is like titties on your head.  I saw 4D just came out with new triangle pads that look they will fill gaps better than the standard oval pads.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 8:38:44 AM EDT
[#6]
4D pads are the way to go. I have the standard set in my ballistic helmet, and while sufficient I should have gone with the deluxe.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 1:45:47 PM EDT
[#7]
4D. It’s like a Tempurpedic mattress for you helmet
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 1:51:16 PM EDT
[#8]
This thread is relevant to my Chinesium ballistic helmet buying ass my interests!

Can someone who knows (and hasn't been banned yet ) please post links to best deals for the following items:

- 4D pads
- H-harness upgrade

Alternative:  Links to site-sponsors / good companies to deal with.

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 3:09:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Honestly you’re probably better off selling the Chicom helmet and starting fresh. Adding that stuff is gonna be like stuffing a Ferrari motor into a Ford Aspire. I was able to scoop up a slightly used TW Carbon with new 4D pads for $450.

PS. Before I hear grown men bleeding out the ass over buying a Team Wendy, 1st it was used, 2nd yes they suck politically but I don’t give a fuck about your feelings.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 10:47:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Bit of a thread hijack but relevant.

Has anybody used the 4D Tactical HIVE retrofit kits?

http://www.4dtactical.com/hive.html

The shape of the pads create a lot more edges in strange orientations and it looks like it'd be less comfortable than a deluxe retrofit kit from TNVC (who I can't order from because Canada...)
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 10:59:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CDN_Datawraith:
Bit of a thread hijack but relevant.

Has anybody used the 4D Tactical HIVE retrofit kits? 

The shape of the pads create a lot more edges in strange orientations and it looks like it'd be less comfortable than a deluxe retrofit kit from TNVC (who I can't order from because Canada...)
View Quote

They're so soft and squishy, you'll never feel the edges.

I'd buy them if I already didn't have my helmets outfitted with their original offerings.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 8:36:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By PFran42:

They're so soft and squishy, you'll never feel the edges.

I'd buy them if I already didn't have my helmets outfitted with their original offerings.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CDN_Datawraith:
Bit of a thread hijack but relevant.

Has anybody used the 4D Tactical HIVE retrofit kits? 

The shape of the pads create a lot more edges in strange orientations and it looks like it'd be less comfortable than a deluxe retrofit kit from TNVC (who I can't order from because Canada...)

They're so soft and squishy, you'll never feel the edges.

I'd buy them if I already didn't have my helmets outfitted with their original offerings.

This.  I think I'll try them on my next helmet but the normal oval ones don't leave you lacking.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 8:51:19 PM EDT
[#13]
The 4d deluxe set that tnvc sells is the best pad solution on the market IMO.  I'd recommend buying two of the sets so you can stuff your helmet.  There are varying opinions on chin strap systems but you can't beat the 4d deluxe pad kit
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 10:57:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By texassooner:
The 4d deluxe set that tnvc sells is the best pad solution on the market IMO.  I'd recommend buying two of the sets so you can stuff your helmet.  There are varying opinions on chin strap systems but you can't beat the 4d deluxe pad kit
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 11:23:02 PM EDT
[#15]
I got the basic 4d kit and its awesome. was $56 shipped off ebay.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 1:00:17 AM EDT
[#16]
do the 4d work with all different helmets?
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 1:12:06 AM EDT
[#17]
+1 for 4D pads. Got the basic set before I deployed and stuck them in my personal ACH that I took with me. After I got back, I put the 1/2" pads in my FAST ballistic and put the 3/4" in my ACH. I'd order another set for my newly issued TW Exfil ballistic, but I personally feel that the juice isn't worth the squeeze. That is to say, the 4D pads are more comfortable that the pads in the Exfil, but not enough to justify the cost.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 1:37:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
do the 4d work with all different helmets?
View Quote
they are 2 stage memory foam with a moisture wicking outer fabric and a velcro loop type fabric on the back. they fit anything with hook velcro including velcro you add yourself. pretty universal.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 10:52:44 AM EDT
[#19]
They basically have two versions of the pad set (and each version has a regular and deluxe option).

One version is designed to work with the ACH helmet and it has a thicker brow pad.

The other version is designed to work with the Ops-core harness and has a thinner brow pad.

If you have and Ops-core and your intention is to rip out the harness and install a H-nape (many people do this),  you should choose the ACH kit  (regular or deluxe).
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 6:02:06 PM EDT
[#20]
y'all can't see the pic?  it shows up for me... lol

Attachment Attached File

it's a no-name bump, with real norotos universal shroud and 3m arc rail adapters.  

I don't really want an ops core, because of the built in shroud, and i want lightweight.  

Should i get some 4d pads or start fresh with something else?  HHV bump? MTEK PTS FLEX bump? TW Bump? (yeah f tw and all, but they do exist... i want the best light bump (for the money lol)...

i've had a bunch of helmets for other shit, and the style of bump that i have feels like crap compared to most everything.  im sure better pads would be a huge difference but would getting a different style like the HHV, MTEK or TW be an upgrade too? ive had quite a few concussions and am thinking i should upgrade the nods hat.

Link Posted: 5/15/2020 6:34:27 PM EDT
[#21]
With that helmet...

1. Rip out the harness and pads

2. Buy H-nape on eBay (under $30): https://www.ebay.com/itm/324103567904

3. Buy 4D Tactical (ACH) pads:

Under $70:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/283868037707

Or from TNVC:

Regular ACH
https://tnvc.com/shop/4d-tactical-zero-g-standard-retrofit-combat-liner/

Deluxe ACH
https://tnvc.com/shop/4d-tactical-zero-g-deluxe-retrofit-combat-liner/
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 6:52:41 PM EDT
[#22]
yeah thanks for the links!  I'll definitely do that if i stay with this helmet, but am wondering if i should upgrade to a pts mtek or hhv ate...  not a big diff in price, even if i got 4d for the other ones, because theres things on the one i own that i could sell
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 6:56:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Click2Boom:
yeah thanks for the links!  I'll definitely do that if i stay with this helmet, but am wondering if i should upgrade to a pts mtek or hhv ate...  not a big diff in price, even if i got 4d for the other ones, because theres things on the one i own that i could sell
View Quote

95% of bump helmets out there will have the same dial liner and pads as what you listed.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 7:27:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
yeah thanks for the links!  I'll definitely do that if i stay with this helmet, but am wondering if i should upgrade to a pts mtek or hhv ate...  not a big diff in price, even if i got 4d for the other ones, because theres things on the one i own that i could sell
View Quote
No matter what you buy no matter what you spend you will likely end up replacing all the guts anyways.

Link Posted: 5/15/2020 10:08:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Click2Boom:
yeah thanks for the links!  I'll definitely do that if i stay with this helmet, but am wondering if i should upgrade to a pts mtek or hhv ate...  not a big diff in price, even if i got 4d for the other ones, because theres things on the one i own that i could sell
View Quote

Just as a personal opinion I absolutely hate my opscore h-nape, I always end up pinching myself on it, which sucks because I really like the leather chin liner.

Went back to using the regular Team Wendy 4 point straps that came on my MSA helmet.

If you are looking at an l/xl h-nape send me a pm.

Link Posted: 5/15/2020 10:20:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Tikiman001:

Just as a personal opinion I absolutely hate my opscore h-nape, I always end up pinching myself on it, which sucks because I really like the leather chin liner.

Went back to using the regular Team Wendy straps that came on the helmet.

If you are looking at an l/xl h-nape send me a pm.

View Quote

That may be true but just from my observation over the years, I would estimate end users prefer the H-nape over the dial liner 8-2. TW ‘s cam fit is a different story. Most owners of that system seem to like it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 10:58:31 PM EDT
[#27]

That may be true but just from my observation over the years, I would estimate end users prefer the H-nape over the dial liner 8-2. TW ‘s cam fit is a different story. Most owners of that system seem to like it.
View Quote

Edited my post for clarity, I'm not using a dial liner, the Team Wendy I'm using is pretty much identical to the ops core, minus the crappy quick release buckle for the chin strap.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 11:49:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Doesn’t appear to be much Velcro in there. Might want to snag some of these while you’re at it. Link
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 9:08:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Some of those team wendy like Sar tactical and m216 or even exfil ltp, or mtek flux bump seem to go so much lower on the back of the head, like sports/moto helmets.... seems like it would be more stable than fast bump style...  

Or are they all equal once you replace suspension?

The ops bump style just has a shocking lack of tech
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 9:16:44 PM EDT
[#30]

That may be true but just from my observation over the years, I would estimate end users prefer the H-nape over the dial liner 8-2. TW ‘s cam fit is a different story. Most owners of that system seem to like it.
View Quote

I just replaced a TW Cam Fit in my ballistic for an Ops H nape.  Much more comfortable.  I should add that the TW wasn't the original suspension in it as it had a dial liner before that.  I tried the Cam Fit on a lark and it just wasn't for me.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 10:46:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By dj1975232:

I just replaced a TW Cam Fit in my ballistic for an Ops H nape.  Much more comfortable.  I should add that the TW wasn't the original suspension in it as it had a dial liner before that.  I tried the Cam Fit on a lark and it just wasn't for me.
View Quote

Wow... I haven’t seen many Cam Fit owners ditch them. What specifically was your issue with it?
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 2:50:01 PM EDT
[#32]
I didn’t like how the side straps that hug your head felt over top my ears.  I know it sounds pedantic or maybe I’m just dumb and didn’t have it adjusted right.  It mounted fine and secured the helmet great just annoyed me.  This is on one of the Bullet Proof It IIIa helmets from awhile back that came with the knock off Ops dial harness.  I don’t mind the Ops dial in my Ops bump but the knockoff was trash.  With the full interior lined with 4D pads and the H-nape its feels pretty good.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 3:13:08 PM EDT
[#33]

Wow... I haven’t see many Cam Fit owners ditch them. What specifically was your issue with it?
View Quote

I had an epic air system with the team Wendy cam fit strap.  I ditched it for the 4d/h nape pad and never looked back.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 3:17:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Another +1 for 4d pads and hnape. Super comfy on my helmet.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 3:30:29 PM EDT
[#35]
With that helmet...

1. Rip out the harness and pads

2. Buy H-nape on eBay (under $30): https://www.ebay.com/itm/324103567904

3. Buy 4D Tactical (ACH) pads:

Under $70: 

Or from TNVC:

Regular ACH

Deluxe ACH
View Quote

Thanks!!!!

H nape in the way!
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 4:42:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By grn_zx6r:
Another +1 for 4d pads and hnape. Super comfy on my helmet.
View Quote

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet but heavy use of 4D pads may be necessary.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 2:01:09 AM EDT
[#37]
You can also buy a revision caiman which is incredibly comfortable out of the box
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 1:01:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 3:36:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Thanks!!!!

H nape in the way!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
With that helmet...

1. Rip out the harness and pads

2. Buy H-nape on eBay (under $30): https://www.ebay.com/itm/324103567904

3. Buy 4D Tactical (ACH) pads:

Under $70: 

Or from TNVC:

Regular ACH

Deluxe ACH

Thanks!!!!

H nape in the way!

Got it in yesterday, and installed it.

I have a question, though.

It's definitely more comfortable, but the dial adjust fit system held the helmet much more securely on my head.

Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to go crazy with adding more pads to fill in some of the gaps more?

Or is it just kind of the nature of the beast, where it feels more comfortable but unless you have the chin strap snapped it wobbles around more?
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:45:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet but heavy use of 4D pads may be necessary.  

Attachment Attached File
View Quote

Nice pics.  Thanks!

Questions:

Did you remove the styrofoam from the forehead area?

On the right, I can see the styrofoam under the 4D pads.

But I don't see it on the helmet on the left.   Is that just the angle of the photo or was it removed leaving ONLY the 4D pads?
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:52:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Nice pics.  Thanks!

Questions:

But I don't see it on the helmet on the left.   Is that just the angle of the photo or was it removed leaving ONLY the 4D pads?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/403917/4D_Pads_jpg-1420506.JPG

Nice pics.  Thanks!

Questions:

The ballistic helmet on the left is an ACH setup with an H nape and stand alone pads.  The one on the left is a Ops Core bump with the dial liner harness.  That one has the styrofoam in front of the brow pad.  The Ops 4D kit has a thinner brow pad and the ACH kit has a thicker pad assuming you are using it without a liner.  Hope that helps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top