Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2018 12:04:47 AM EDT
Planning on SBR'ing an LMT sopmod lower.  I plan on purchasing a BCM MLok 11.5" upper.  Once out of jail, I'm going to use a Griffin M4SD-K suppressor.

The LMT comes with a carbine buffer and not sure the buffer spring type.  If I wanted to leave the gas block as purchased, what would you recommend as the buffer and spring combo to most likely cycle reliably and hold the bolt back on an empty mag?

Any chance the LMT lower, as-is, would make the system 100% reliable already?
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 3:03:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 10:56:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a BCM 11.5 setup very similar to yours and I use a regular buffer spring with a Spikes ST-T2 buffer I also have a Griffin M4SDK also and it work just fine no problems whatsoever. So to answer your question you should be just fine with no alterations to your setup.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 2:44:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a BCM 11.5 setup very similar to yours and I use a regular buffer spring with a Spikes ST-T2 buffer I also have a Griffin M4SDK also and it work just fine no problems whatsoever. So to answer your question you should be just fine with no alterations to your setup.
View Quote
Except the Carbine buffer is lighter than the T2 by a material margin.  Should I preemptively get an H2 or the likes buffer; maybe even just the Spikes T2?  I've never used an 11.5 BCM so not sure how gassy they are to begin with.

My ultimate concern is having a single shot first day of sighting in and no options to adjust reliability on prem.
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 2:16:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 9:58:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Except the Carbine buffer is lighter than the T2 by a material margin.  Should I preemptively get an H2 or the likes buffer; maybe even just the Spikes T2?  I've never used an 11.5 BCM so not sure how gassy they are to begin with.

My ultimate concern is having a single shot first day of sighting in and no options to adjust reliability on prem.
View Quote
Just take a couple of different buffers out with you in your range bag.  It takes all of 10 seconds to swap out a buffer.
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 11:21:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Okay, good advice gents.  To be safe I may buy a couple more buffers with varying weights and also another enhanced spring.
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 11:57:25 AM EDT
[#7]
You could replace the buffers until you find the least weight one that locks the bolt back on an empty mag.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top