Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2018 4:27:56 PM EDT
They still GTG? Haven't bought any in years. Doing a .40/9mm bulk reloading this fall. 4-6k.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 4:48:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Yup. GTG
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 8:27:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Top quality.

Remember:  the jacket is BRASS.

In my experience, MG bullets require 1/2 grain or more powder for the same velocity as equivalent copper/gilding jacketed bullets.

They are also exact - to slightly under - sized.  Accurate in most guns; you'll need to test.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 5:34:59 PM EDT
[#3]
They "were" good until they decided to gouge everyone after Sandy Hook.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 9:03:43 PM EDT
[#4]
They are really nice but they are really proud of them also.  I bought a bunch when the price was right but that was long ago.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 11:53:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 9:52:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Take a look at Zero Bullets from Roze Distribution.

Have fired tens of thousands of their 9mm and 10mm bullets,

high quality and low cost.

Honestly, I can't find a better JHP or FMJ for the price.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 11:22:10 AM EDT
[#7]
I am a member of a gun club/range that has a dealer's account through Graf's (of Mexico, MO).

The gun club president swears that the Montana Gold bullets are just re-packaged Armscor (from the Phillupines) bullets.

Soooo....if yoy can find them, look for Armscor bullets and see if they come in cheaper than the MG's.

Back when I was a sponsored shooter, my local shooting teammates and I would go through Manny Bragg for bulk case pricing of MG's.  We'd buy 6 cases at a time.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 3:54:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am a member of a gun club/range that has a dealer's account through Graf's (of Mexico, MO).

The gun club president swears that the Montana Gold bullets are just re-packaged Armscor (from the Phillupines) bullets.

Soooo....if yoy can find them, look for Armscor bullets and see if they come in cheaper than the MG's.

Back when I was a sponsored shooter, my local shooting teammates and I would go through Manny Bragg for bulk case pricing of MG's.  We'd buy 6 cases at a time.
View Quote
The armscorp bullets are not as highly polished as MG.  The armscorp bullets are malformed at times.....
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 12:04:09 AM EDT
[#9]
years ago I bought several thousand.  They were terrible quality.  I was getting 5-6 MOA with the 55 grain for 5.56.  I thought my rifle was somehow screwed up.  I switched back to Hornady and my groups tightened up to 1 MOA. I will not buy anymore bullets from Montana Gold.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 2:13:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Check out RMR Bullets
I think someone here posted about them.  Me and some friends split an order for 12K to get it down to $84 / 1K (shipped) of 9mm 147 Gr.  Jacketed...NOT plated.
I think that is the best price I've seen for 147Gr Jacketed 9mm.  
No issues so far.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 10:14:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm a big fan of Zero.  Especially because they are one of the very few that make a .431" jacketed bullet.  Great quality and cost.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 10:22:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Check out RMR Bullets
I think someone here posted about them.  Me and some friends split an order for 12K to get it down to $84 / 1K (shipped) of 9mm 147 Gr.  Jacketed...NOT plated.
I think that is the best price I've seen for 147Gr Jacketed 9mm.  
No issues so far.
View Quote
+1 on RMR. I love their prices and unbelievable service with instant shipping, but... I love their bullets more.

For 9mm, I am now shooting their 9mm MPR (MPR = "multi-purpose rounds), which are really just FMJ HP. These are "total metal jacketed" meaning even the bottom surface is jacketed for those that worry about lead vaporization.

Get on their mailing list for discount coupons, or search for the pretty ubiquitous 5% off coupons that are pretty much everywhere.

5% off, and free shipping. Great deals.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 11:05:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
I seriously doubt that Montana Gold bullets are repackaged Armscor.  I would not be surprised to find that the Armscor bullets are made by Montana Gold though (probably to a lower standard and cost).  Some Armscor ammo is made in Montana despite it being an overseas company.  I believe they have contracts with Bitterroot Valley Arms Co.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 1:15:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Amazed that nobody has mentioned precision delta.  Pretty much all the competition shooters I know are switching over.  Discount if you order 2k and their quality is as high as anyone's.  Just as accurate as the zero or gold bullets I used to use
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 7:42:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Amazed that nobody has mentioned precision delta.  Pretty much all the competition shooters I know are switching over.  Discount if you order 2k and their quality is as high as anyone's.  Just as accurate as the zero or gold bullets I used to use
View Quote
I've been using Precision Delta for at least 6 yrs and just switched to RMR due to price.  I'm just looking at 147 Gr 9mm though.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 10:34:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Did some comparison shopping and Powder Valley beats Roze Dist. in price for Zero 9mm bullets.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 11:05:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I've been using Precision Delta for at least 6 yrs and just switched to RMR due to price.  I'm just looking at 147 Gr 9mm though.
View Quote
I have an open gun with a comp, so I can't shoot open base bullets which is what keeps me from RMR.  They do have this new hybrid bullets which would work but I just bought PD bullets for .08 a round and I can't get those that cheap.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 9:13:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
I can, pretty easy too.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 9:32:57 PM EDT
[#19]
I use delta precision for bulk buys. Looks like their prices have risen since last time I bought.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 10:00:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
They "were" good until they decided to gouge everyone after Sandy Hook.
View Quote
Totally out of my price range.. Go see Jake at RMR..You can find his stuff on the reloading section.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 11:11:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 8:25:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I have an open gun with a comp, so I can't shoot open base bullets which is what keeps me from RMR.  They do have this new hybrid bullets which would work but I just bought PD bullets for .08 a round and I can't get those that cheap.
View Quote
How are you getting Precision Deltas for .08 each?
I assume you are not talking about 147Gr 9mm....actually I don't see any 9mm on their site that cheap.  Unless you are getting from another source?
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 8:38:57 AM EDT
[#23]
I use precision delta and save a little money.

Good results from 180gr JHP 40.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top