Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2021 12:51:50 PM EDT
Is there an accepted best design for a monocore F1 suppressor?  

Kinda beyond the capacity of the average DIY guy, but thought Id ask.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 10:27:21 PM EDT
[#1]
If you have the machine(s) to make it,  I'd look towards proven designs.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 10:14:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you have the machine(s) to make it,  I'd look towards proven designs.
View Quote
That's what Ive been doing, but they all look about the same.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 5:39:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
That's what Ive been doing, but they all look about the same.
View Quote

Not a huge difference so may just want to stick with the "////" or "<<<<"
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 5:46:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I think a regular baffle type would be easier, just need a lathe.
I could made a monolithic easy at work with a Wire EDM but still need the lathe for tube, threads. Might be faster if I was doing volume work.
You could do it with a mill instead of a WEDM, but I know that's not how I would process it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 8:42:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I think a regular baffle type would be easier, just need a lathe.
I could made a monolithic easy at work with a Wire EDM but still need the lathe for tube, threads. Might be faster if I was doing volume work.
You could do it with a mill instead of a WEDM, but I know that's not how I would process it.
View Quote
Ive got a Mazak Quickturn, it'd make short work of the baffles.   Maybe I'll jusy copy the ones from my SWR Spectre.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 8:48:19 AM EDT
[#6]
The Liberty Regulator is a strong monocore performer. It is quieter than several of my traditional baffle cans but has slightly more FRP than the top dogs (mask, element 2, TBAC takedown).
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 12:15:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks dude!

I see that it has an eccrntric or assymetrical core.  I'm guessing thay is tuned for some form of wave cancelation?
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 3:07:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thanks dude!

I see that it has an eccrntric or assymetrical core.  I'm guessing thay is tuned for some form of wave cancelation?
View Quote

I'm not sure but Liberty is kind of the monocore company. I imagine they have been through a ton of iterations and landed on the design for a reason. The Regulator is a bit on the long side for a rimfire can but still sounds really nice. Reasonably lightweight too. I tested 7 rimfire cans for pistol use all in one setting and it finished just behind the previously mentioned strong performers with regards to FRP. I can take some pictures and maybe rough measurements for you after the New Year if that would help.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 3:12:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'm not sure but Liberty is kind of the monocore company. I imagine they have been through a ton of iterations and landed on the design for a reason. The Regulator is a bit on the long side for a rimfire can but still sounds really nice. Reasonably lightweight too. I tested 7 rimfire cans for pistol use all in one setting and it finished just behind the previously mentioned strong performers with regards to FRP. I can take some pictures and maybe rough measurements for you after the New Year if that would help.
View Quote
Sure!  Best info would be radius on the pockets and how much they're offset from CL.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 2:15:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top