Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2022 8:56:07 PM EDT
Working a deal with a VEPR SBS as a part of it. Decent and desirable shotgun? I have a Tromix Saiga, so will probably just sell the VEPR. just wasn't sure how useful or how it stacked up to the Saiga as far as function or desirability.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 9:14:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Not importing them anymore but the ones that are already here are being released slowly for maximum value. They're better than the Saigas in fit and finish and also have a direct insert mag instead of the rock and lock. This means you don't have to lock the bolt back to insert a mag which is an annoyance on the Saiga 12. The problem with them not being imported anymore though is that the magazines for it are stupid expensive.  A 10 round mag from k-var is $124.  An 8-round is $90 from gunmagwarehouse. At this point I'd rather try and find something that's made here or still being imported by a friendly country.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 6:52:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KitBuilder] [#2]
Originally Posted By Wingnut116ACW:
Decent and desirable shotgun?
View Quote
Yes.

I think it's the best box mag fed shotgun available (and in the "top 3 combat shotguns" including the Benelli M4 and Beretta 1301).

I agree with everything above except I'd probably go ahead and buy the Russian mags because they're superior to the US made mags. They'll only get more expensive, unless they lift the sanctions one day. (The guns/mags got sanctioned first, under Trump, in 2017).

The only advantage the Saiga has is the drums don't sit as low when inserted, but it's rock-n-lock, and the stick mags are more practical anyway (and much better in the VEPR). I haven't gotten a drum for my VEPR-12 yet. They weren't available at the time I was stocking up on Russian stick mags. I sold my Saiga.

An advantage with the factory SBS is it comes with the Picatinny rail gas block. The polymer forend having a rail is meh (and they can be swapped easily). I prefer the smooth forend.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top