Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2018 9:57:52 PM EDT
I've been looking for a single or double M14 magazine pouch using a Molle attachment method. There is quite a selection, but I've gotten lost in my internet search. I am interested in something with a large flap providing cover or protection. Being waterproof might be too much to ask, but was wondering what a few individuals might prefer as what I seem to be interested in doesn't seem to be offered by most vendors I've found in my internet searches. I strongly prefer domestically made products when it comes to these things.

This might be a simple task, but I just can't get interested in most the ones I've seen.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 10:09:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe something like this would work. It's technically for AR-15/M16 or AK47 mags, but I suspect your M14 mags would fit. Granted, I don't know their dimensions. I have one of these to store some extra 20 round ar mags (made to fit 30 rounders) and it can hold six of them at one time.

https://www.foxoutdoor.com/ItemDetails.aspx?win=&cid=1&ccid=99&cscid=65
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 11:03:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Tactical tailor makes some good ones. Olongapo outfitters for rigs of multiple pouches
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 12:09:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe something like this would work. It's technically for AR-15/M16 or AK47 mags, but I suspect your M14 mags would fit. Granted, I don't know their dimensions. I have one of these to store some extra 20 round ar mags (made to fit 30 rounders) and it can hold six of them at one time.

https://www.foxoutdoor.com/ItemDetails.aspx?win=&cid=1&ccid=99&cscid=65
View Quote
I am fairly positive that won't fit M14 mags.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 12:13:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 12:20:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I like the looks of this, though this is for 5.56 mm. No velcro or elastic and the flap completely covers the pouch.

Tactical Tailer

This is molle compatible, isn't it?
Is the top of the magazine intended to be upside down inside the pouch? Feed lips down?

I admit a complete lack of knowledge here.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 1:24:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Wont hsgi taco work?
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 10:26:32 AM EDT
[#7]
https://www.keepshooting.com/german-g3-camo-mag-pouch.html I ordred a couple of these.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 2:20:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Tactical tailor makes some good ones. Olongapo outfitters for rigs of multiple pouches
View Quote
I can second at least checking out whether Olongapo Outfitters can help you.  Great stuff.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 2:40:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I like the looks of this, though this is for 5.56 mm. No velcro or elastic and the flap completely covers the pouch.

Tactical Tailer

Is the top of the magazine intended to be upside down inside the pouch? Feed lips down?

View Quote
Tactical tailor if I'm not mistaken is 100% molle compatible. They use malice clips on all the things. They give you a field of webbing to work with.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 3:03:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Wont hsgi taco work?
View Quote
Came to post this but he wants them with flaps / covered.

Op, why covered and waterproof?
Link Posted: 5/29/2018 7:28:28 PM EDT
[#11]
London Bridge makes a mag pouch that is covered.
Link Posted: 5/30/2018 6:09:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Tactical Tailer

View Quote
This is probably what I'd buy. Fight Light 7.62 Double mag pouch.
It has a flap, it's molle compatible, and it's for m-14 mags. It's not waterproof, but good luck finding that.
Link Posted: 5/30/2018 6:13:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
London Bridge makes a mag pouch that is covered.
View Quote
Modular Single M-14 mag pouch
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 12:14:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Ended up going with a couple of SR-25 mag pouches found on Ebay. I tried to post a link to them, but it's not working for some reason.

The magazines fit quite well and there is a thin divider between them. I do wish the color was a little more subdued. No, there is no lid which completely covers the mags from dust, but it is a nice quality pouch. My hopes were kinda high and I don't always claim to exactly know what I am doing.
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 10:11:56 AM EDT
[#15]
OP there is this guy on Ebay that has been making a modern molle version of the old ALICE type pouches, with full lids. He makes them in all different colors. Search “7.62 pouch”. Link below to olive drab version. Scroll through pics to see other colors. Good price for custom pouches made in USA.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F382286403667
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 10:39:57 AM EDT
[#16]
I just use the old MOLLE USGI M4 double mag pouches. They will hold a single M14 mag. Mine are woodland.

I don't think you'll find a waterproof one. You could use food sealer bags (or Ziploc bags) around the mags if you're going swimming. I think SEALs (except the scout swimmer pair) keep their entire combat load in a dry ruck and move it onto their person when "feet dry" but I've only seen them on TV.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top