Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2018 10:27:49 PM EDT
By that, I mean lever-action rifles that have a box magazine instead of a tube.

I found that there is a Browning BLR and Henry Long Ranger, as well as a couple others that seem to have dropped off the market. Are there any others? Or is this something that just doesnt have a reason to exist anymore?
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 10:31:10 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a small market for sure. One of those things that will always be around in one way or another but never be mainstream.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 10:36:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Savage 99c, there's a lot of them around in .308.

Which, IMHO isn't as nice as the internal rotary magazine.

Why are you looking for one that takes mags?
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 10:52:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Kl4MZzSHwhI/maxresdefault.jpg

View Quote
Mostly for the uniqueness of it. Found out about the 1895 and got curious. Figure tube fed rifles are a dime a dozen, why not something that is different.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 11:07:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm a huge fan of the Miroku/Winchester 1895. I have two .30-40's and a .30-06, all the SRC variation. The Brownings from the 80's (also produced by Miroku) were also very nice but only offered in the rifle variant.

Link Posted: 10/22/2018 11:14:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Mostly for the uniqueness of it. Found out about the 1895 and got curious. Figure tube fed rifles are a dime a dozen, why not something that is different.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Kl4MZzSHwhI/maxresdefault.jpg

oooh, a normal model savage model 99 is right up your ally then!!!

They have an internal brass rotary magazine, and are pretty much the most advanced lever action to come out of the late 1800's.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savage_Model_99

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top