Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/10/2018 12:20:29 PM EDT
Hello I’m looking for a Pvs-14 weapon mount that can stay on the PVS-14 permanently and then quickly be on the rifle Incase my IR laser went down.

So far I’ve found the mod armory one and the TNVC one any other mounts that are Similar that I missed?
Anyone that has experience with both id love to hear which one you like better and why?

Tnvc
https://tnvc.com/shop/tnvc-tm14-mk2-pvs-14-weapon-mount/

Mod armory
https://www.modarmory.com/product/integrated-components-anpvs-14-ultimate-weapons-mount-uwm/

EDIT: would I be better off getting a “high” mount for my aimpoint and keeping the Pvs-14 helmet mounted so I can switch my Wilcox arm to my right eye and look through the red dot?
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 12:24:52 PM EDT
[#1]
The Larue PVS14 mount is what I use

I had the TNVC mount and I hate to say it but I didn't like it because of the design. It does work though. It's the only thing of TNVC's I don't care for
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 12:45:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Larue PVS14 mount is what I use

I had the TNVC mount and I hate to say it but I didn't like it because of the design. It does work though. It's the only thing of TNVC's I don't care for
View Quote
I didn’t notice they had a QD version I thought all they had was a flip to side mount.

“This QD mount takes advantage of the small rail behind the LT110 EOTech mount”
Does that mean you can’t mount it behind an aimpoint?
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 1:36:04 PM EDT
[#3]
The Eotech mount is the shorter option (LT133). Take a look at the taller option (LT114):

https://www.larue.com/products/larue-tactical-qd-mount-for-pvs-14-lt114/

It’s designed for Aimpoint use behind the LaRue mounts.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 5:25:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I run a head mounted PVS14 with an Aimpoint Comp M series RDS on a standard 1/3 co-whitness mount and use it to aim through it passively should my IR laser goes down or the lights all of a sudden comes on. Try using the toe of the butt stock higher on your shoulder, slightly cant your rds inboard, your head outboard, and raise the stock to the bottom of your ear/ear pro. Also running your stock slightly forward or your PVS14 a little forward helps. You can also get away with tilting your head up to see through your RDS. IMHO higher mounts are a waste of money, losing your backup irons, added weight and just looks silly...
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 5:42:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 7:56:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Why not get an RQE shoe set and a Weapons Mount? It’s a Dovetail Mount shoe and you can slip it off of your head mount and onto the weapons mount quickly?
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 1:07:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Why not get an RQE shoe set and a Weapons Mount? It’s a Dovetail Mount shoe and you can slip it off of your head mount and onto the weapons mount quickly?
View Quote
I think RQE has missed the boat advertising this stuff.
I didn’t even know this was a thing until recently. And I love RQE stuff.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 1:41:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just wish I could afford it!
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 4:32:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I use the GG&G pvs14/Aimpoint 3x mount. You can switch between the NV or the magnifier by flipping a lever.

https://www.gggaz.com/pvs-14-quick-detach-multi-flex-night-vision-mount.html

NSN 585-01-494-8838
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 4:46:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 8:13:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
RQE was purchased from Kinghts Armament.
View Quote
From or By?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 12:17:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 8:59:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Knights purchased RQE.
View Quote
Thanks for the clarification. What with the impressive engineering and cost... I was pretty sure that was the case.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 11:38:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top