Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2021 12:10:20 PM EDT
In one of the other recent threads I saw someone mention that that OP should buy a Maverick tube, Pure Performance Super Duper, and a few Dinos. I've done some research, but Google seems to be lacking.

I wanted a little more information about this such as what would go well for a normal 1.375 tube thread 5.56/308 setup.  I already have done a couple F1s for 'modular' types no problem but I've never mix and matched with a tube/internals.

While not confused by the tube sizes, I'm a little confused on the dinos and super dupers. Some are 1.355 others are 1.362 or 1.372. This confuses me on what would work on a Maverick 2 (1.375) tube. I'm also confused as to why not just load internals with 100% Super Dupers rather than mix that with Dinos.

Can anyone provide some more info? Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 3:46:16 PM EDT
[#1]
A 1.372” OD baffle should fit (albeit very tightly) into a 1.375” ID tube if tolerances are held by both parts. If you get slightly oversized cones then sanding to fit can be a time consuming hassle, but doable.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 3:56:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe the mixing might be due to silencerstudent's testing videos. He has a legit metering device and has documented many trials of baffles types, configurations, etc.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 7:29:23 PM EDT
[#3]
So are we supposed to use the 1.370” or 1.372” OD cups for the Maverick 1.375” ID tubes(Phoenix/Raven)? That’s my next form 1 build and I’m collecting parts now and not sure which diameter cups I should be shopping for.
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 7:29:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:So are we supposed to use the 1.370” or 1.372” OD cups for the Maverick 1.375” ID tubes
View Quote

Both clearances are fine, provided that's the actual measurement in-hand.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 10:18:04 AM EDT
[#5]
The 1.375 ID tubes use 1.370-1.372 cones.

Or just buy the super duper kit from pure performance armory if you don’t want to think about anything, but depending on your planned muzzle device/adapter that kit will have to be modified/cone removed anyway.

Get your stamp, get all the components, get tube engraved and then send everything to Specter Enterprises for boring, clipping and trimming. This path is easy.

He will leave the stack slightly long since the skirts on the cones will fireform to fill the tube and shorten a bit.

If you want more specific help, just IM me and I’ll walk you through exactly what you need and what to do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top