Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2020 4:34:58 PM EDT
I wanted to see if anyone here has used that mini shell adaptor? If so did if a feed reliably did you have any problems?

I'm looking to use this for a snake gun don't want full load 12ga and it's the shotgun that I have now until I can get a 20ga as a dedicated snake gun. Thanks for the advice.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 6:04:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 6:36:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Brother has one on his 590. Feeds just fine, no issues. He hasn’t mentioned needing tape and I think it fit pretty tight.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 8:20:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't have a mossberg but, a buddy has a 500. I researched this adapter and got him one for xmas last year. The gen 1 adapter has issues falling out so the gen 2 has some wings built in to provide a friction fit. Those wings seem to have resolved the issue of the adapter falling out.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 2:13:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Can you still use full size shells with the adapter installed?
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 2:25:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought one for my shockwave and by reading post here, I'm going to say its a gen two as it has little wings.

My thoughts on it are it is fun for the range. I would not want to really trust my life one it, as it's just a little rubber wedge that is friction fit into the loading port. It'd be really cool is someone would scale a shotgun action down just to run the short shells.

With the adapter installed you can only use the mini shells. you can load 2.75 into the tube with the adapter in, but they won't feed. They get jammed up against the adapter.

Edit: in the OP said snake gun, I would use for that application without worry.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 2:44:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 2:37:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought one for my shockwave and by reading post here, I'm going to say its a gen two as it has little wings.

My thoughts on it are it is fun for the range. I would not want to really trust my life one it, as it's just a little rubber wedge that is friction fit into the loading port. It'd be really cool is someone would scale a shotgun action down just to run the short shells.

With the adapter installed you can only use the mini shells. you can load 2.75 into the tube with the adapter in, but they won't feed. They get jammed up against the adapter.

View Quote

Thanks I'm thinking of buying a shockwave and putting a brace on it like the brownells boom kit package yet don't know about the barrel and cost of that kit since it's $377! So it's almost the same cost as buying another shockwave.

Yet do like the brace on it a lot!
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 2:39:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

No but the adapter removes easily.
View Quote

Thanks! Happy to hear that it would make the switch to the Shockwave easy then!
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 3:37:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone know if the mini slugs could take a hog?
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 11:02:25 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't know about a hog, but I'm 325 pounds and holding one of the slugs in my hand.  I wouldn't wanna be shot with it!
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 8:45:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I don't have a mossberg but, a buddy has a 500. I researched this adapter and got him one for xmas last year. The gen 1 adapter has issues falling out so the gen 2 has some wings built in to provide a friction fit. Those wings seem to have resolved the issue of the adapter falling out.
View Quote

This!

I had the Gen 1 it fell out during use.  Gen 2 has held in place, no problems.  I use it for my Mossberg Mini-Cruiser AOW, and it gives me just one more round, but very pleasant/mild plinking fun gun with the Minis.

It can pop out for using regular shells easy enough.  Get the Gen 2.

Link Posted: 6/2/2020 10:50:11 AM EDT
[#12]
So I'm a little behind the curve... Somebody post a link to the adapter in question?
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 11:14:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

So I'm a little behind the curve... Somebody post a link to the adapter in question?
View Quote

OpSol Mini

I have the 1.0 Version.   Its friction fit and very tight but removes with no issues.  No issues with mine.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 11:25:55 AM EDT
[#14]
I just wish they had something similar for an 870.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 11:26:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

OpSol Mini

I have the 1.0 Version.   Its friction fit and very tight but removes with no issues.  No issues with mine.
View Quote

Thanks! I'll have a look at that.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 11:59:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
IIRC what you seek is the Winchester 1300.  if memory serves, the shells were originally designed for using the 1300 and I have been told they will cycle through it without an adapter.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 12:59:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
IIRC what you seek is the Winchester 1300.  if memory serves, the shells were originally designed for using the 1300 and I have been told they will cycle through it without an adapter.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll have to check that out as I have a 1300. It might be a few weeks as I don't have any mini shells and my 1300 is not with me.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 2:56:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

The 870 does not need an adapter. Some people have had issues with mini shells and there 870, I run them fine in mine. I just need to make sure when i rack the gun I do it aggressively.

My understanding is that the reason the adapter is needed in the Mosberg 500 series guns is that the back of the lifter is open and the shells fall out. The 870 does not have this space so an adapter is not needed.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 11:18:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The 870 does not need an adapter. Some people have had issues with mini shells and there 870, I run them fine in mine. I just need to make sure when i rack the gun I do it aggressively.

My understanding is that the reason the adapter is needed in the Mosberg 500 series guns is that the back of the lifter is open and the shells fall out. The 870 does not have this space so an adapter is not needed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It depends on the individual gun/tolerances. Some will run them, others won't imo. YMMV
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 3:01:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Well bought the adapter and 100 rounds of ammo let you all know how it works out!
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 3:04:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Received everything the other day! Fit was great shotgun holds 13 rounds I keep the 4 rounds of slug in the speed feed stock as I believe if need be I can do a single combat load with 2 3/4 if I have to take a hog out.

Anyone who has one tell me if it is possible to do a single load even with the block in place? I would think you can. I have not had the chance to go to my land and try it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 9:49:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Received everything the other day! Fit was great shotgun holds 13 rounds I keep the 4 rounds of slug in the speed feed stock as I believe if need be I can do a single combat load with 2 3/4 if I have to take a hog out.

Anyone who has one tell me if it is possible to do a single load even with the block in place? I would think you can. I have not had the chance to go to my land and try it.
View Quote

Yes, you can single load your 2 3/4 shells with the block in place.
The block can also be removed in a second if necessary of course.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top