Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2020 2:21:14 AM EDT
I am looking for Mini-14 thirty round magazine base/floor replacement. My internet search has been exhausted; neither Ruger, Midway, or Brownells have them in stock. Anyone know where to find them?
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 7:14:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I’d check Numrich Gun Parts.

When I was looking for the newer anti tilt Mini 14 followers I think the only sources were the ones you listed & Numrich, but had to wait for someone to get them back in stock. I just got on the ‘notify me’ list for Midway & Brownells. Can’t remember who got em in first but both places notified me within a week so I’m assuming Ruger just released em in batches.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:00:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 11:32:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I’d check Numrich Gun Parts.

When I was looking for the newer anti tilt Mini 14 followers I think the only sources were the ones you listed & Numrich, but had to wait for someone to get them back in stock. I just got on the ‘notify me’ list for Midway & Brownells. Can’t remember who got em in first but both places notified me within a week so I’m assuming Ruger just released em in batches.
View Quote

Thanks I looked there, midway USA, and Brownells, and no cigar
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 11:16:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Try Sarco.  Or go to Perfect Union, and find out which company MAKES magazines identical to yours.  Maybe identical floorplate is used in smaller-cap, presumably cheaper, easy to get mags

Phone the Mfr--no e-mail--, and ask them to sell you what you need.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Put up some WTB ads here in EE, and elsewhere, for a floorplate that will serve.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 11:40:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Contact Ruger. Last time I had problems, they said to send them in and they'd make good on em.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 3:22:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Try Sarco.  Or go to Perfect Union, and find out which company MAKES magazines identical to yours.  Maybe identical floorplate is used in smaller-cap, presumably cheaper, easy to get mags

Phone the Mfr--no e-mail--, and ask them to sell you what you need.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Put up some WTB ads here in EE, and elsewhere, for a floorplate that will serve.
View Quote

They are five after market 30 round magazines (Pro Mags) I bought during the dark years of 1994 through 2004. They were always problematic, and because of them, I bought six Ruger 20 round and six Ruger 30 round magazines. Bought it always bothered me I couldn’t get them to work right, that I completely rebuilt them using Ruger OEM followers, Wolf extra power springs, and Perma Slik them after degreasing them. When I was taking them apart three of the magazine base plates broke, and I used spare base plates from AR’s to see if they work. Believe it or not, they work well now except the base plates look ugly.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 4:29:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They are five after market 30 round magazines (Pro Mags) I bought during the dark years of 1994 through 2004. They were always problematic, and because of them, I bought six Ruger 20 round and six Ruger 30 round magazines. Bought it always bothered me I couldn't get them to work right, that I completely rebuilt them using Ruger OEM followers, Wolf extra power springs, and Perma Slik them after degreasing them. When I was taking them apart three of the magazine base plates broke, and I used spare base plates from AR's to see if they work. Believe it or not, they work well now except the base plates look ugly.
View Quote
The mags work OK with spare floorplates?  You are  doing this for cosmetic/appearance purposes, and not because the mags are currently useless?
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 5:38:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The mags work OK with spare floorplates?  You are  doing this for cosmetic/appearance purposes, and not because the mags are currently useless?
View Quote

They kind of slide a bit plus they are open at the bottom so dirt gets into mag body if I drop them while shooting in the desert
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 6:16:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

They kind of slide a bit plus they are open at the bottom so dirt gets into mag body if I drop them while shooting in the desert
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tape up the bottom of the mag, and call it a day.  Leave a small hole for water drainage.  Bonus points if you use 550 cord to make "Ranger Loops": https://onlygunsandmoney.com/?s=evolution+of+the
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top