Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2021 3:23:15 PM EDT
I have an older Ruger Mini-14 that is a standard non-ranch model that I want to put a scout scope mount on.  One that replaces the top handguard.  

What is the best one for the money?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:04:47 PM EDT
[#1]

Ultimak.  Well built, anchors into the mechanism with a clamp and the top of the gas block.

ETA:  but that's more of the base, less of the mount.  If I was doing anything other than getting a RDS as low as possible, my mount/ring solution tends to be LaRue if they make something that does what I need it to do.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:18:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/129976/342E3FF0-7CC8-4945-B007-903A5C6F4AFC-1585746.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/129976/A6B7998D-EE0D-45C1-8B1D-C53A5B0CEF9B-1679321.jpg

Ultimak.  Well built, anchors into the mechanism with a clamp and the top of the gas block.

ETA:  but that's more of the base, less of the mount.  If I was doing anything other than getting a RDS as low as possible, my mount/ring solution tends to be LaRue if they make something that does what I need it to do.
View Quote

+1 for the Ultimak! Had 2 of them on a pair of Mini's I used to have. Works great and if using a QD base you have your irons right back in a second if thr RDS dumps on you.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:24:15 PM EDT
[#3]
My experience, having tried all of such mounts, is that the Ultimak mount allows lowest possible mounting of the optic, which is absolutely essential in obtaining a good, quick, natural cheek weld.  The Ultimak is fully "see-over", with OEM iron sights.

Nothing better at present, IMHO.  Ultimak, like any similar scout mount, stiffens the pencil barrel a little bit, which is all to the good.

Mfr of Accu-Stut devices advises that single-clamp versions (pictured above in this thread) are not as effective as double-clamp units.  "Will fit full-length barrels, however accurizing effect may be less pronounced."

"X-Drill" double-clamp model shaves a little weight while still being as rigid as non-drilled models, as per mfr.

Disclaimer; no financial interest.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:14:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks everyone
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top