Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2021 9:33:45 PM EDT
Never seen these until now, anybody used one?  Midwest peep sights
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 11:10:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Nobody?  I get they are new, but zero info online about them!

I like the looks of the rear sight.  
It appears the front sight is the screw-on type and they don't say which screw spacing the front sight is.

More significantly in my case, I have a cowboy I want a peep sight on and would need a dovetail front.  
But if there is no elevation adjustment on the rear sight it's not an option unless you use their adjustable front sight.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 1:22:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Aren't they a new product for Midwest?  That is probably why you can't find much feedback.

I looked at the page when I received an email from Midwest.  I can't wrap my head around what any of that would actually look like on a lever gun.

If I were their marketing peeps, I would post up some gun photos, or at least solicit buyers pretty hard to get photos of their guns with the sights mounted.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 3:47:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
.. marketing peeps...
View Quote

Yes, they need to give out some freebies to raise awareness and get people talking.  

I emailed them - the front sight is the 0.7 inch screw spacing.  They will not sell the rear sight alone - only as a set.

I'm curious if the peep is tall enough to be usable through an optic?  If so, which optic or are all low enough to allow the peep to see through them?
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 7:21:37 PM EDT
[#4]
The Ranger Point Precision sights look pretty good. I like them a lot better than the Skinner sights.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 9:15:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Update: they have an instagram with pictures of the sight installed.  

You can see the peep sights through the red dot.  Pictures don't confirm, but it appears you might be able to get the peep sights to co-witness with the dot - that might be why they made both the front and rear sight adjustable in elevation.  

Link Posted: 9/18/2021 12:38:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Henry version is coming soon.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 2:04:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 3:03:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm a buyer as soon as you have a front sight for octagonal marlin barrels (ie. with a dovetail).

You could also sell the sights without the optic mounting provision, would appeal to a lot more people.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top