Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2018 10:57:49 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 11:43:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Midwest Industries 6" M-LOK handguard for use with the Sig Virtus 6.75" 300 AAC barrel

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/v/vspfiles/photos/MI-MCXV6-2T.jpg

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/v/vspfiles/photos/MI-MCXV6-3T.jpg

Advanced ergonomic shape improves the feel and handling of your MCX Virtus

Easy no gunsmith installation

Features 16 full M-Lok compatible slots and 2 half slots for maximum versatility

Weighs only 3.8 ounces

Length 6.0 inches/ Width 1.67 inches/ OAL height 2.6 inches/ Grip Height 2.4 inches/ Internal Diameter 1.46 inches

Lightweight rugged construction of 6061 aluminum, hard coat anodized for a lifetime of service

Heat treated 4140 retaining clip with phosphate finish

Includes one five slot M-Lok compatible rail section

Patent pending

100% Made in the U.S.A., MI Lifetime Warranty

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/MI-MCX-Virtus-6-0-Handguard-M-LOK-Compatible-p/mi-mcxv6.htm
View Quote
Great job, gents
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 1:17:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I think that there'd be a market for a "conversion" handguard to allow the Rattler chassis to accept the longer Virtus barrels and still provide access to the gas regulator.

I think everything else is compatible...
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 4:27:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think that there'd be a market for a "conversion" handguard to allow the Rattler chassis to accept the longer Virtus barrels and still provide access to the gas regulator.

View Quote
That is an outstanding suggestion.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 9:33:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I use other barrels in my Rattler chassis all the time.  I actually got a 3rd Rattler Upper, just to be able to do this without disassembling one of my other Rattler uppers.  I use the Rattler SD handguard from MI, no matter what config.

One of my favorite setups is a Rattler chassis, 6.75” barrel, SRD762 and the MI SD handguard.  But regularly use 556 barrels, 9” 300BO and others in a Rattler chassis.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 12:50:10 PM EDT
[#5]
The MI hand guards look great, and I'll probably pick one up for my Rattler.  I do wish they incorporated a QD swivel mount, like the factory hand guard (and my MI M-Lok rail fir my AR).
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 10:29:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I finally shot my Rattler suppressed tonight for the first time.  Saker762 on a KeyMo mount.  It worked well.  I think that one of the MI Rattler 10" handguards will be in my future (at some point in time).
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 7:18:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Do the Virtus hand guards fit the legacy mcx? I have the 6.75" barrel on my original mcx and have been thinking about cutting the one I have.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 8:59:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 9:55:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Can you guys do a run in FDE. Sig doesn't make these guns in black so....
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 8:57:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
The more I think about this, the more I like the idea.  The ability to use the 6.75" and 9" barrels, and still be able to mount and detach my suppressor, without removing the hand guard all the time sounds really good.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 11:50:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The more I think about this, the more I like the idea.  The ability to use the 6.75" and 9" barrels, and still be able to mount and detach my suppressor, without removing the hand guard all the time sounds really good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed, it's such a great idea that once MI makes them, they should gift me one because of the pile of money that they will be making.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 4:56:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rattler Op Rod on the BCG is shorter than Virtus Op Rod. that's an issue other than the handguard as well
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 9:09:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Rattler Op Rod on the BCG is shorter than Virtus Op Rod. that's an issue other than the handguard as well
View Quote
According to an above post, by the man that would know, no problem using other virtus barrels on a Rattler upper.  But it would look all funky, with the short rattler hand guard.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top