Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 1/5/2019 10:45:16 AM EDT
I've been carrying a CT for a few months now. It's a beefy blade, so it takes some work to deploy and retract. recently I'm thinking it's a bit harder to retract than it used to be, and sometimes I need a second thumb on there to get it back in.

Is there something I can do to loosen it up a bit? Or should I just lube it up, I've not done that yet.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 11:37:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I carry an ultratech which is the baby version of the troodon. It is also a little difficult sometimes so I always fully commit when deploying or retracting.

Do not oil it since it will just cause buildup and make things worse. The issue is likely the locking mechanism and not the spring. Its metal on metal you are fighting. The mechanism is probably not aligned.

You could take it apart with the blade deployed and clean/reassemble but that's your warranty. Can also flush it with lighter fluid.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 4:10:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Microtech has great CS and will sort it out for you. Disassembly will void warranty.

S/F

Al
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top