Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2020 2:21:04 PM EDT
FAL newbie here.  I've been trying to do a crash course on FALs as of late, & have ordered various Imbel parts, but am in need of many others. If I were to buy a receiver, is the Imbel/CAI good-to-go, or better to spend the extra $ for Imbel Logo?  From reading, CAI-anything seems to have a stigma. I was going to wait for DSA, but lack the patience.

Note: I plan to contract the build. I want a good rifle, but not necessarily collector quality.

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 1:03:44 AM EDT
[#1]
In my experience, the Imbel receivers are good to go with or without the Gear logo on them.

PARS Inc. had some a few months ago when I did a build for a customer in the shop.  I do not
have their contact info handy, but they are in Kentucky as I recall.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 9:31:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Appreciate the info.
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 3:45:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Any real Imbel upper is as good as it gets, regardless of who imported/stamped it.*

Anybody getting into FALs really should join up at FALFILES.com.

* or Argy, or real FN($)
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 9:25:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, hillbilly. I jumped in. Started with a few parts, then falfiles, a barrel, Imbel Logo receiver on the way. Now I'm rethinking an upgraded kit. This has all been in the last week. What have I gotten myself into? I thought this woud be a healthy break from ARs. Wrong!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top