Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2018 11:56:11 PM EDT
Greetings,

Looking for some asvice/help.

I have a Bridge mount with a PVS14 on the left, FLIR Breach on the right.  Basiclly scan/locate with the Breach, then flip up and switch to the PVS14+DBAL for identifying & shooting.

I have a Harris shroud with a retractible lanyard.  But I’m stuck on how to wire up a retention/lanyard system.  So two questions:

-can someone point me to the raw materials (coated steel wire and ferrules) used for retaining lens caps, battery covers, etc?

-Secondly, any recommendations for lanyard construction?  My current idea is to have a wire coming off the back of each device woth a loop off the ends.  Just long enoungh to reach the bottom of the bridge.  Then run the teather to one side of the bridge or the other, and clip to both loops.  IDK... this is the first time I’ve done this, so advice is appreciated.  Pictures are good, too.  I have paracord, spring clips, and other materials availible, too.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 11:20:09 AM EDT
[#1]
60 pound Black Surflon wire.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 12:22:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
60 pound Black Surflon wire.
View Quote
Thank you!

Found it on Amazon, with the correct diameter single-barrel clamps, and even a crimping tool.

My earlier searches for ‘coated steel wire’ (and sililar) didn’t show me any of the fishing/leader stuff.  I REALLY appreciate the pointer.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 5:01:03 PM EDT
[#3]
If you want a real professional looking job put a piece of 1/8 inch heat shrink tubing on top of the crimp.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 5:56:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thank you!

Found it on Amazon, with the correct diameter single-barrel clamps, and even a crimping tool.

My earlier searches for 'coated steel wire' (and sililar) didn't show me any of the fishing/leader stuff.  I REALLY appreciate the pointer.
View Quote
Well hell, I just bought some too because I've been thinking of doing this with my 14 daylight filters. Good timing on your thread

How are you liking the Breach with the 14? I am a huge fan of mine and use it all the time day or night
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 6:15:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Post a pic when your done please
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top