Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2020 12:23:34 PM EDT
Who here has done a mauser conversion to either 45 acp or 9mm? I have been looking at the Rhineland kits are they good to go? Also which Mauser action works the best? I know where a couple BRNO and Chilean mauser actions are. Would either of these work? Thanks for any help
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 12:48:10 PM EDT
[#1]
This topic has come up rather frequently, as of late.
I did a Rhineland 45 conversion on a Mauser vz24 BRNO. Actually I had 2 kits and just sold the other to @bradpierson26.
Rather easy conversion. Couple things you tinker with, plenty of vids available of the conversion.

I ended up making an integral suppressor for mine.
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 12:55:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I did a Rhineland 45 conversion on a Mauser vz24 BRNO. Actually I had 2 kits and just sold the other to @bradpierson26.
Rather easy conversion. Couple things you tinker with, plenty of vids available of the conversion.

View Quote

Working on it today actually
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 5:56:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I would like to do this but hate the idea of using an action that would take a 30-06 length shell for a 45apc.
are there any CZ actions made for shorter shells that would work, I know the cost factor.
I have seen articles on shorting a long action, seems like a lot of work though.
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 6:43:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I've seen it done on Enfields, Savages, and a Rem 788. So, there are opinions.
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 7:32:59 PM EDT
[#5]
i did one years ago in 45acp and it is still one of my favorite rifles, I have one of their 9mm barrels and will get around to building another rifle one of these days. I have even used mine to pig hunt with some rifle only loads in it.

I used a spanish action for mine.
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 8:39:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Takes a little time to do the conversion but not too difficult.  Very fun gun suppressed.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 10:35:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Another option is to buy a Destroyer carbine and set the barrel back a bit or sleeve it to convert it from 9x23 to 9x19.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 7:09:02 PM EDT
[#8]
IF you can find a Destroyer carbine. I see that Sarco has them, BUT no bolts.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 9:25:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I have been waiting over a year for Rhineland to have a sporter profile barrel in stock. And there is none on the horizon.  Almost to the point of selling the action and stock I have for the build.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 10:00:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 7:07:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Please detail integral suppressor. I have an approved Form 1 for this exact build sitting since 2016. Have action and parts too
@User55645
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 9:36:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:Please detail integral suppressor. I have an approved Form 1 for this exact build sitting since 2016. Have action and parts too
View Quote
Full build here

If you'd like anymore info, don't hesitate to ask.

@Jupiter7
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 8:41:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I used a swede 96 receiver with one of their .45 acp barrels. I fooled around with it in that chambering for a while then wound up reaming it out to .45 winchester magnum.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 9:07:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Wonder how easily someone could design a mag adaptor for a Mosin?
Should be a case of remove the original spring/follower/base plate assembly, then clip in a new one.

Something in 7.62 Tokarev would be a hoot to use - though the easier option is load the pistol bullets in rifle brass for "cats sneeze" low signature loads
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 9:52:18 PM EDT
[#15]
I’d be happy to send pics of my mauser conversion to anyone who wants to see them. I don’t know how to post pics on here. I built mine on a Swede 96 action.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top