Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 1/5/2019 9:21:41 PM EDT
I found a couple of fraternal order swords today for $40.00.

One is a Masonic Knights Templar with a German blade made by Schuyler, Hartley and Graham, NY. Since all three names are on it it dates the sword prior to 1880.

There is a name and "unit" on the blade....One Hiram Hyatt out of a IN chapter.

I looked up his name and found him! He lived in IN from 1830 to 1905.

The sword, though ceremonial, is put together very well. The maker also made military swords of different types during the Civil War. They almost always used either German or Brit blades. i've read where they made the grip out of buffalo bone.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

The other is a Knights of Pythias uniformed ranks sword. It's named but as there is no state I can't find out anything about the owner. Not near as well made either being a Pettibone Bros., OH sword.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 9:40:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 10:17:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wikipedia says that company was the largest firearms dealer in 1860. One of the partners bought Remington
View Quote
As far as CW swords go the ones they sold are among the most desirable of the Yankee sword makers. Very high quality for mass produced swords with mostly German blades.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 10:31:35 PM EDT
[#3]
If you ever look to sell the Templar sword please keep me in mind.

Hiram
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 10:52:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If you ever look to sell the Templar sword please keep me in mind.

Hiram
View Quote
PM sent.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 10:49:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

PM sent.
View Quote
Thanks for the offer
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top