Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2021 12:11:28 PM EDT
I have been looking for a 1895CBL. They seem impossible to find. I realize everything thing is right now. With the Ruger buyout are they still being produced?
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:14:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Ruger has yet to spin up production on new Marlin rifles yet. Probably won't happen until the end of the year.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:42:52 PM EDT
[#2]
How about the excellent Marlin X-7 bolt gun?
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 1:20:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't know if Ruger will bring back any of the Marlin bolt guns, and probably not the semi-auto 22's either as they would be competing with their own products. I don't expect anything but the lever actions to be made by Ruger, and not sure when they will get the production lines up and running again. Hopefully the 1895's in 45-70 and 30-30 will be back, and the 1894's in 357 and 44 magnum and 45 Colt will be back, with the limited runs in 327, 32-20 and 41 magnum also available once a decade; and the rimfire lever action in 22LR and 22 magnum. Remington did the work of converting the designs to CAD/CAM systems so hopefully Ruger will put together the necessary production lines to get these guns available again and didn't spend the money to buy the rights to all the Marlin firearms out of bankruptcy just to prevent competition from the bolt guns and semi-auto's from someone else.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 2:53:44 PM EDT
[#4]
They have not said so, but marlins have dried up and are not available from distributors so the safe bet is that production has stopped.  

The only official info that has been put out is the press release saying ruger bought marlin - all rights to the name/products and the entire production line.  
Then Ruger put out a press release saying they bought it all and were in the process of moving it to one of their facilities.  

That is the extent of the public knowledge as far as I know.  Unless somebody has inside knowledge at ruger anything else is speculation.  

The moving of such a production line is a large and expensive undertaking.  Add in the logistics of setting up outside vendors for parts and materials, hiring people, etc. and it quickly becomes a very large project.  I'm not smart, but I've seen much smaller projects take well over a year.  

Ruger likes to make money so it's a safe bet the first marlins they make will be those that have the quickest return to profitability.

ETA: checked marlins website, ruger has it and put this up: https://www.marlinfirearms.com/resources/customer-service
TLDR: ruger says "anticipate second half of 2021"
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 4:47:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't know if Ruger will bring back any of the Marlin bolt guns, and probably not the semi-auto 22's either as they would be competing with their own products. I don't expect anything but the lever actions to be made by Ruger, and not sure when they will get the production lines up and running again. Hopefully the 1895's in 45-70 and 30-30 will be back, and the 1894's in 357 and 44 magnum and 45 Colt will be back, with the limited runs in 327, 32-20 and 41 magnum also available once a decade; and the rimfire lever action in 22LR and 22 magnum. Remington did the work of converting the designs to CAD/CAM systems so hopefully Ruger will put together the necessary production lines to get these guns available again and didn't spend the money to buy the rights to all the Marlin firearms out of bankruptcy just to prevent competition from the bolt guns and semi-auto's from someone else.
View Quote

Re: competing with their own products

I disagree, There is no longer any completion from  Marlin. Marlin Firearms is now a Ruger product. It’s another revenue stream. Producing model 60’s, for example, doesn’t hurt 10/22 sales. People buy them because they want a model 60 not a 10/22. Now that Ruger owns Marlin they get to reap the profit from those sales instead of Remington. The competition  between Ruger and Marlin is over.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 6:27:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Given the price people are paying for them it's getting harder every day not to sell my JM marked 1895SBL.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 9:09:45 AM EDT
[#7]
I haven’t seen any new rifles. Most spare parts have dried up, except I noticed a few new and used parts on Numrich the other day.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 2:43:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Given the price people are paying for them it's getting harder every day not to sell my JM marked 1895SBL.
View Quote

Man, I'd sell that thing in a heartbeat.  Ruger is almost assuredly going to make the 1895SBL once they're back up and running.  You can sell yours now and make some huge profits, then in a year and a half buy a new Ruger made 1895SBL for a normal price and laugh at all the people who paid over $2,000 for one.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 11:25:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Man, I'd sell that thing in a heartbeat.  Ruger is almost assuredly going to make the 1895SBL once they're back up and running.  You can sell yours now and make some huge profits, then in a year and a half buy a new Ruger made 1895SBL for a normal price and laugh at all the people who paid over $2,000 for one.
View Quote
Who's to say when inflation goes even nuttier than it already is that Ruger charges $3,000 for one of theirs in a year or two when they get production up and running...

Guys paying 2k for ones now might be brilliant.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 11:02:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Who's to say when inflation goes even nuttier than it already is that Ruger charges $3,000 for one of theirs in a year or two when they get production up and running...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought paying over $1000 for my 1894 CSBL was a little nutty at the time.  In comparison to the insane prices and unobtainium status now, I definitely made the right call
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 2:22:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Dang!  Just looked at SOLD GB auctions for 1895 GBLs like mine.  Nutso.  Since I have a Win 1886 now, I should probably sell my unfired one.

rob
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 6:40:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't think that'll be the case at all in a year or two.  Ruger prices their stuff pretty fairly, and there's nothing truly special about the 1895 SBL.  It's a stainless steel lever gun with laminate stock and extended top rail.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 7:28:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Ruger prices their stuff pretty fairly, and there's nothing truly special about the 1895 SB.
View Quote

Seen the prices of a super red Hawk?  $1k for a nothing truly special revolver.  

The marlin prices just before the last bankruptcy were crazy - a basic 44/45 1894 was around $800.  Darks were $1-1.2k despite being cheaper to make than a basic 1894.  Anything stainless was minimum couple hundred $ additional.  

The days of $500 marlins are long gone.  The guns are big and have a lot of pieces.  The only hope is that ruger can economize with their scale to save money and ruger is good about making what people want, so the days of base 1895g that sits for a year on a store rack are hopefully gone to be replaced with putting out the models people actually want to buy.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 8:17:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Re: competing with their own products

I disagree, There is no longer any completion from  Marlin. Marlin Firearms is now a Ruger product. It’s another revenue stream. Producing model 60’s, for example, doesn’t hurt 10/22 sales. People buy them because they want a model 60 not a 10/22. Now that Ruger owns Marlin they get to reap the profit from those sales instead of Remington. The competition  between Ruger and Marlin is over.
View Quote

I agree, when everyone can sell every gun they can produce and there's still a huge demand. Use all the machines you can to crank out more product, why would you buy them in the first place if you weren't? Ruger, Marlin, Martian - at the moment it doesn't seem to manner. Crank them out, they will come to to buy them.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 12:04:33 AM EDT
[#15]
It kind of sucks because I felt Marlin was finally coming around. I have a model 1894 made in 2018. It's probably the nicest lever gun I own (I have 10 leverguns). I've read and seen all of the bad stuff from Remlin, I lucked out and got a good one.

I have some confidence in Ruger. Not a lot but some.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top