Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2020 11:59:13 PM EDT
If you don't have one these yet you are missing out. Shown with a buffalo hide sling from Amazon and some homemade speed loaders. Gobbles up 22 shorts, no ear pro required.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 12:22:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Love my 39A. Accurate and shoots all day long. Best 22 rifle ever made imho.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 1:46:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 9:36:07 AM EDT
[#3]
My first gun was a Marlin 39A that I got while in high school. At the time, I had to choose between a 39A and the 39M. I put many thousands of rounds through it. After I retired, I found a very nice, little fired 39M. I tried shooting them against each other and found the 39A had definitely lost accuracy, so I sent it to the factory for a new barrel. Now they are both terrific. I also found a nice, early addition Winchester 9422. Now I have the whole set.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 4:56:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a 1979 Mountie (no crossbolt safety). Fun gun and accurate too! It will be passed down to my preschooler in a number of years when he's ready.

The only thing that I dislike about the gun is that I had a negligent discharge while lowering the hammer one time. We were shooting all afternoon in a blazing hot sun and some of the guns that I had thrown back in the case, I quickly wiped down with an oily rag. Some of that oil remained on my thumb and while shooting the Marlin, my thumb slipped while going to half cock and discharged. Really easy to do after doing it. Luckily we were at our backyard range at the cabin and luckily I always keep the muzzle pointed downrange. This probably isn't a young kid's gun for that reason alone.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 11:15:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Love my Marlins.

My Mountie on top. Bpth these are 1953 (letter K). Excellent shooters.

Link Posted: 6/15/2020 4:24:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Last one I saw was $500 so I passed. I have a Marlin 1894 in .22 mag though.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 7:31:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
For $500, they sell instantly in my AO.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 7:42:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’d buy another one for $500
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top