Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2021 10:14:42 PM EDT
I know we are in a down time for 336 production with the ruger take over but is anyone finding marlins? I really want to pick up a beater 336 for a project and I cant find a single one in all of east texas. Is it all dried up out there or am I just having bad luck?
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 10:35:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I know we are in a down time for 336 production with the ruger take over but is anyone finding marlins? I really want to pick up a beater 336 for a project and I cant find a single one in all of east texas. Is it all dried up out there or am I just having bad luck?
View Quote
Not as hard as finding ammo for it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 12:06:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I found a JM 336 without even looking.  $350 I paid, just a few weeks ago.  It was far from being a beater.  Rust free and no battle scars.

Stop looking so hard and one will just turn up.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 12:28:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I found a beautiful 336 made in 1957 a couple months ago for $495.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 5:40:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Good to hear they are still out there. I'll have to take a break from searching and see if one shows up.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 6:09:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I haven't been in the market for a while, but a couple years ago, it seemed like they were everywhere.

I whiffed on a JM stamped Glenfield with good metal and a refinished stock with the scrollwork on it, which I wasn't particularly crazy about. Guy was asking $300, I offered $275, but he wouldn't bite.

Told my Dad about it and the next time I saw him, he'd gotten me a Marlin 30AS, 1980s vintage, in pristine condition.

Haven't even shot it yet!
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 3:06:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Picked up a 1981 JM 336 two weeks ago at an auction.  Paid $500.00 for it and it is not in like new condition but in very good condition.  The $500.00 was a little more then what I had planned on but couldn't pass it up.  Wife found 3 boxes of 30-30 ammo at local wally world and purchased all three for $17.64 each.  If you look on Ammoseek.com the 30-30 ammo is going for at least $2.75 per round min.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 6:09:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I see them at gun shows here and there. Even older more beat up 336s are priced $500 at least. LGS has their lever guns marked way up. Whatever they have left that is.

The deals are out there from time to time it just takes patience. Happy hunting
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 1:40:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I found a JM 336 without even looking.  $350 I paid, just a few weeks ago.  It was far from being a beater.  Rust free and no battle scars.

Stop looking so hard and one will just turn up.
View Quote

Likewise. I dropped an ad on local classifieds after racking my brain. Forgot about it. About a week later one popped up for 350
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 12:40:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Likewise. I dropped an ad on local classifieds after racking my brain. Forgot about it. About a week later one popped up for 350
View Quote
Lever is opened a bit, but here it is.

Shoots great!  Anyone know what sight this is?

I can only guess that it is a discontinued Williams sight.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 2:21:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I found a beautiful 336 made in 1957 a couple months ago for $495.
View Quote
$475 Texan from the same era that I picked up last April or May.  There wasn't a single bid on Gunjoker and the guy was in Phoenix, so I got really lucky.  I sold a Lyman peep that was on it, so it actually came in cheaper than that:

The curved stock 336 just isn't my thing.  I will tolerate it though, and it will probably end up a truck gun for a while.  This straight stock 336 was on my instant buy list for many years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top