Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2021 12:53:31 PM EDT
Why is the Marlin 1895 gbl so sought after these days?
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 12:56:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 12:58:58 PM EDT
[#2]
And they are pretty badass and capable of taking anything that walks the planet
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 3:22:48 PM EDT
[#3]
The Marlin 1895 is as good as a lever action rifle as it gets . The only other lever rifle that is as good or better is a Savage 99 ,although in a different caliber. My 3 Marlin's 336,1895,1895m are keepers .
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 5:36:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 7:50:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Funny how things change. They used to be POS lever action rifles , mediocre at best until they are no longer produced. I remember few moons ago the $300 price tag on those ..Henry is producing top notch product now days no need to look elsewhere In my humble opinion.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 9:04:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Funny how things change. They used to be POS lever action rifles , mediocre at best until they are no longer produced. I remember few moons ago the $300 price tag on those ..Henry is producing top notch product now days no need to look elsewhere In my humble opinion.
View Quote

An 1895GBL? For $300? Buuuuuuuuulllllllllllllshit!
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 9:47:41 PM EDT
[#7]
There's a chain store in California that was giving those guns away 2 years ago. I think the posted price was less then $500.00..
I shot one of the laminated, SS versions yesterday, from 2007. We were in the Mojave desert reaching out to 250 yards. It's not my bag but we had a good time shooting it with mouse fart loads ...
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 9:53:10 PM EDT
[#8]
" />
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 4:47:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes sir ..Marlin 1895 GBL guide gun was with a rebate from Remington around  $399 and even less depending on the dealer.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 5:22:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yes sir ..Marlin 1895 GBL guide gun was with a rebate from Remington around  $399 and even less depending on the dealer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn. I wish I could have found one for that price.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 2:33:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

It is funny how differently people experience the same thing. I don't remember them ever being considered a POS gun even post Remington. The GBL and SBL were highly sought after every moment they were produced and their demand and value skyrocketed after they stopped production. Of course there were some bad guns but there were a lot more good ones.
Quoted:

Damn. I wish I could have found one for that price.
View Quote

Outside of some Walmart blowouts I never saw them that low. Grabagun had them at $550 in Feb of 18. I do remember some rebates but anything near $300 would have been an absolute steal.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 2:07:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Marlin was always mentioned as a good value and reliable, never high quality.
mine will be off for engraving a new paint job..some scratches keep trying to rust and I don't have time to dress it regularly
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 3:34:49 PM EDT
[#13]
My 1895g was $420 out the door when they had the $100 rebates.  I actually got the rebate, so $320.  It was an excellent quality gun too.

During the second bankruptcy A store in Huntsville had SBL for as low as $600.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 1:37:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would have grabbed one of those so fast I'd have sprained my wrists.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 12:10:07 PM EDT
[#15]
I may regret not selling my SBL when people were paying $2500 and up. However, it's one of my favorite rifles and didn't seem worth it to give up something I might not be able to replace.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 2:54:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I may regret not selling my SBL when people were paying $2500 and up. However, it's one of my favorite rifles and didn't seem worth it to give up something I might not be able to replace.
View Quote

lol I felt the same way with my GBL. I haven’t even used it and saw some auctions with bids up near 2k at one point.

HOLD THE LINE
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top