Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/8/2018 1:48:36 PM EDT
Bought a Marlin 1895 GBL and am looking for a stock cartridge holder (.45-70)

Suggestions?
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 3:45:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I tried a mid price elastic one, it worked well.  Don’t remember the brand though.   I settled on a belt shell carrier, since I kinda pimped my stock out with some thin neoprene padding and a neoprene sleeve over that to get a bit better cheek weld and get my eye up with my low mount 2x.

That and the damn thing was beating up my cheek bone with my elk loads.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 1:26:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Hill People Gear stock cuff is what you seek.

This is the ".30 caliber" version but they make one with larger loops for .45-70 also.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 3:15:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I just use a cheap knockoff Allen one. I run a sling swivel stud thru the cuff to keep it from sliding around.

I get them on ebay for 3bucks. Takes awhile to get here but I'll buy a few at a time.

When they wear out I toss em and slap on another
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 5:35:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Hill People gear
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 3:00:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one from Eagle Industries on my Guide Gun:

Link Posted: 12/19/2018 12:44:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just use a cheap knockoff Allen one. I run a sling swivel stud thru the cuff to keep it from sliding around.

I get them on ebay for 3bucks. Takes awhile to get here but I'll buy a few at a time.

When they wear out I toss em and slap on another
View Quote
WalMart sells them for about $5.  I use them on my H&R shotguns and have one on a Winchester 94 as well; like you said, after a couple of years they wear out and I just grab another.  I do like the more expensive options better but the cheapies work well enough.  There are leather options out there that look much classier too.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 8:08:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Treat yourself to something special.

http://www.levergunleather.com/p_buttstock_covers.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top