Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 1/15/2020 6:45:26 AM EDT
Is there a good marketplace for high end ($500+) knives? A good friend of mine has a handful of these fancy things and I'm trying to help her move them. They all appear to be semi custom and discontinued for the most part. Some of them had a retail of $2k+. I'll upload pics with her permission. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 9:11:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 9:37:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:24:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Arizona custom knives will sell them for her.
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 12:39:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Arizona custom knives will sell them for her.
View Quote
What's the deal with them showing the same knife "sold" repeatedly?

Paladin
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 6:49:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

What's the deal with them showing the same knife "sold" repeatedly?

Paladin
View Quote
They're a consignment service not a retail outlet, so each knife is an individual listing. They often use stock photos for duplicate listings.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 5:28:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Bladeforums has a market place specifically for custom knives.  That is likely the best place you'll get the most views and offers.  You need to know the approximate value and then entertain offers.  Good pictures of the knife and being honest about any flaws, scratches, chips, etc. are a must.  I've sold a couple dozen off Bladeforums and only had one returned, but that knife sold with ease to the next one interested.

For most knives, don't expect a full return on the original purchase, but if they're truly quality customs (even moreso from well known makers), you'll be surprised.  I have an original Busse Steelheart II from back in the mid 90's and while I paid something like $200 for it, I was offered well over a $1000 (never sold it though :-).  Same with some "late" makers...I've got a couple Bud Nealy knives that I've been offered quite a bit for...so it really depends on the design, maker, and quality, and condition.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 9:14:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Bladeforums has a market place specifically for custom knives.  That is likely the best place you'll get the most views and offers.  You need to know the approximate value and then entertain offers.  Good pictures of the knife and being honest about any flaws, scratches, chips, etc. are a must.  I've sold a couple dozen off Bladeforums and only had one returned, but that knife sold with ease to the next one interested.

For most knives, don't expect a full return on the original purchase, but if they're truly quality customs (even moreso from well known makers), you'll be surprised.  I have an original Busse Steelheart II from back in the mid 90's and while I paid something like $200 for it, I was offered well over a $1000 (never sold it though :-).  Same with some "late" makers...I've got a couple Bud Nealy knives that I've been offered quite a bit for...so it really depends on the design, maker, and quality, and condition.

ROCK6
View Quote
This.

Keep in mind BF will make you get a paid membership in order to be able to sell.  If you are trying to move several thousand dollars worth of knives, it's probably worth it.

But like Rock6 said, you really need to be very honest about the values.  Also, read the rules.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 10:49:54 PM EDT
[#8]
EBay is always ‘an’ answer.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 6:21:47 PM EDT
[#9]
The Cutting Edge is the A.G.Russell consignment site.

Robertson Custom Cutlery

I'd like to see a list or some pictures if you have them, so we can get an idea of what they are.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 11:31:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Chris
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 6:57:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Facebook
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 10:50:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

This
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chris

This

I sold a bunch of knives on eBay several years ago.  It went pretty well except for the part where eBay takes a cut.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 10:53:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Bladeforums' knife exchange, but you'll have to pay for a premium membership to sell there.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 10:58:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This.

Keep in mind BF will make you get a paid membership in order to be able to sell.  If you are trying to move several thousand dollars worth of knives, it's probably worth it.  

But like Rock6 said, you really need to be very honest about the values.  Also, read the rules.
View Quote

Unless she has Busse products she's likely to get 25-40% for true customs.  The only customs that sell high are from the very well known makers.  Anything from Busse (Busse Combat, Swamp Rat, Scrap Yard), Randall, Chris Reeves, Justin Gingrich, and Winkler will sell on BF if you're reasonable with your asking price and VERY SPECIFIC about the REAL condition.  Used in any way is used.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 11:08:30 AM EDT
[#15]
I've sold a couple on eBay.They brought a LOT more than I expected.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top