Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2018 2:55:02 AM EDT
Hey guys I bought 6 of these around black Friday last year but never got around to shooting them until now.  They look great but all 6 had consistent FTFs if loaded above 25 rounds.  I was using reloaded 115gr stuff so I'll admit it wasnt the highest quality ammo but it was still pretty disappointing to see this being consistent in all my mags.

I dont wanna abandon hope yet until I try my federal 147s and HSTs of the same weight but I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed their manticore mags being ammo sensitive?
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 9:32:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hey guys I bought 6 of these around black Friday last year but never got around to shooting them until now.  They look great but all 6 had consistent FTFs if loaded above 25 rounds.  I was using reloaded 115gr stuff so I'll admit it wasnt the highest quality ammo but it was still pretty disappointing to see this being consistent in all my mags.

I dont wanna abandon hope yet until I try my federal 147s and HSTs of the same weight but I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed their manticore mags being ammo sensitive?
View Quote
What was the problem ?   How does a mag cause a failure to fire ?  Do you mean jams, double feed, no round being chambered ?  Does that ammo work fine in scorpion factory mags ?
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 10:08:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What was the problem ?   How does a mag cause a failure to fire ?  Do you mean jams, double feed, no round being chambered ?  Does that ammo work fine in scorpion factory mags ?
View Quote
dang. all this time I been thinking FTF meant "fail to feed".... learn something new every day I guess.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 10:26:23 AM EDT
[#3]
No I think OP meant Failure to feed.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 5:25:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

dang. all this time I been thinking FTF meant "fail to feed".... learn something new every day I guess.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 8:16:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't run the Manticores but overall reports are pretty good with all ammo types.

But I do occasionally see a post about someone who has no feed issues with the factory mags but has issues with Manticores.

Kinda seems like some Evos like 'em and some don't. But I'd try some factory ammo first.

And check the Manticores for sticky followers, maybe they just need a break-in or a little dry lube.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 9:49:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Manticore is very good about fixing problems I would drop them an email about what is going on.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 9:04:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 1:02:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Hi sorry, been busy with the kids getting ready for school and enjoying the end of their summer vacation.

Ya I meant failure to feeds lol.

Rounds 1-25 function fine but if I load above that many, I was having FTF's.  The ammo in question is locally sourced 115gr reloaded stuff, def not high end ammo.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 1:06:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't run the Manticores but overall reports are pretty good with all ammo types.

But I do occasionally see a post about someone who has no feed issues with the factory mags but has issues with Manticores.

Kinda seems like some Evos like 'em and some don't. But I'd try some factory ammo first.

And check the Manticores for sticky followers, maybe they just need a break-in or a little dry lube.
View Quote
Thanks for the input, ya I had similar issues with the factory mags and that WAS with factory ammo, hence my decision to try these mags.

Dry lube like graphite powder?
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 4:05:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top