Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2018 12:05:34 AM EDT
New pistol, can is a sico Osprey Micro with qd adapter. Can goes slightly to the right. Swapped can with another micro does the same.

I’ll probaly pop off the qd mount and toss on a different can tomorrow.

Anyone else heard of this with this gun? I usually try and avoid hosts with barrel adapters but everyone has raved about this unit.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 8:46:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
New pistol, can is a sico Osprey Micro with qd adapter. Can goes slightly to the right. Swapped can with another micro does the same.

I’ll probaly pop off the qd mount and toss on a different can tomorrow.

Anyone else heard of this with this gun? I usually try and avoid hosts with barrel adapters but everyone has raved about this unit.
View Quote
What 1/2-28 thread adapter is on the MP?

Who shimmer the micro mount? How many shims did it use?

You have an alignment issue sounds like.  It’s one of the two thread adapters.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 9:37:58 AM EDT
[#2]
If you're talking about the Osprey Micro and that it's not lining up perfectly vertical, alas, that's something you have to live with.

When you look at the alignment chart, there are 36 shim combinations which gives 10 degrees of rotation per window - so even if you get the proper shim combination, the OM may not line up perfectly vertical and have a slight cant to it.

If you're talking about the can angling off to the right, then make sure that it is properly seated on the adapter. There's an o-ring inside the micro and make sure it's not binding and seating properly.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 9:41:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What 1/2-28 thread adapter is on the MP?

Who shimmer the micro mount? How many shims did it use?

You have an alignment issue sounds like.  It’s one of the two thread adapters.
View Quote
Factory 1/2x28 threaded gun.

2 shims, I did.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 9:52:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you're talking about the Osprey Micro and that it's not lining up perfectly vertical, alas, that's something you have to live with.

When you look at the alignment chart, there are 36 shim combinations which gives 10 degrees of rotation per window - so even if you get the proper shim combination, the OM may not line up perfectly vertical and have a slight cant to it.

If you're talking about the can angling off to the right, then make sure that it is properly seated on the adapter. There's an o-ring inside the micro and make sure it's not binding and seating properly.
View Quote
Not the shim timing, that actually worked out perfect on this host.

Thanks, yes I pulled it off a few times to check it and tried another one just to be sure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top