Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2018 1:29:46 PM EDT
I already have my stamp to cut my barrel to 4.5” and I have a Spectre ii to run with it.  I have seen pictures of cut 15-22s with short hand guards.  I’d like to get a handguard that allows the Spectre ii to be 1/2 covered by the handguard or so, I’d definitely like a little bit sticking out (to take on and off for cleaning).  Does anyone have any recommendations?
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 1:40:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I cut down the factory handguard on mine, maybe 3" removed? Just find a place where you won't be cutting into the vent holes
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 1:49:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 1:54:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Chop saw works great, too.

I used the same end cap.  A tight o-ring will hold the end cap tight to the chopped handguard.

I debated about where to cut.  In the end I wanted to shoot with/sans can so my barrel is longer than my handguard.
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 3:06:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top