Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2022 9:54:07 PM EDT
Are there upgrades to these units and who is making them.
Extractors, Electors, Firing Pins...?
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:57:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Following
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 10:05:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Following
View Quote

Not to close buddy, you make me nervous.?????
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 10:30:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Suppressor is the only upgrade other than more mags. It’s a plastic AR .22. Leave it at that. I own one with iron sites and it’s a great plinker. I like it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 10:46:14 PM EDT
[#4]
If you upgrade your barrel with this barrel it comes with an upgraded firing pin and extractor. I have one in both pistol/rifle length. My son nails 6" steel at 140 yards with a can and subsonic's. I also changed out the stock, grip, and put a 2 stage Aero Precision NB trigger in both the pistol and rifle. I'm going to pick up carbon fiber hand guards for both. Tacticool makes adapters for standard AR barrel nuts. If you live in a NFA friendly state I recommend Rugged's new Mustang 22 can, incredibly light.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 10:51:54 PM EDT
[#5]
There are several upgrades from triggers, rails, grips, firing pins, ejectors, etc.
I'm currently working on my 3rd and have used ALG triggers, Tandemkross ejector(to fix an issue), Tacticool parts, ambi metal charging handles and more. One of my current MP15-22 is sbr'd and the other is a pistol. I haven't decided the end game of the current.

Check out the following Forum
15-22
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:25:38 AM EDT
[#6]
couple of friends use them for rim fire Steel Challenge... aforementioned upgrades to trigger and if needed extractor... just watch the magazine feed lips for wear where the cartridge  rim will put a groove in the lips ....with a lot of use, look for carbon build up in the upper as it can cause the bolt rail to squeeze together and cause feed failure.. it is difficult to see the build up on the black polymer
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 3:24:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Volquartsen extractor and firing pin to start.

I don't see any aftermarket electors yet but replacing those is bigger project requiring some tools or a smith with them.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 12:28:00 PM EDT
[#8]
The best upgrade for the 15-22 is a Tippman

depending on what youre doing (bullseye vs combat trainer) the trigger is worth fixing up imo. Other than that, it is what it is.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 8:40:02 PM EDT
[#9]
M&P 15-22 rifle. Volquartsen firing pin and extractor. Tandemkross extractor plunger and spring. Very easy to change out.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 2:28:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Binary trigger, better 22 full auto experience than my Lage 22 conversion kit.  Sure it doubles the price of the gun, but still way cheaper than a full auto 10/22.  And the mags are way easier to load than 10/22 mags.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 6:34:08 PM EDT
[#11]
The rifle version is obsolete for me since I have the pistol version and run it suppressed. Both have VQ extractors and the pistol has a cmc trigger.

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:35:31 AM EDT
[#12]
I really like the Radian Charging Handle and Ambi Safety.

I like it enough on my 15-22 rifle that I'll upgrade my pistol.

Volquartsen makes aftermarket barrels, firing pins, and extractors. Have the Carbon fiber rifle barrel and it's SUPER lightweight. Haven't really pressed it for accuracy. I bought it so I could have a spare steel barrel to eventually chop.

Tacticool22 makes a bunch of accessories, some more unnecessary than others.

NDZ makes 15-22 BAD Levers, Charging handles, and other accessories I have one of their BAD levers on my rifle and plan on adding one to my 15-22 pistol.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 1:05:07 AM EDT
[#13]
That funny looking magazine loader thingy.  

Essential.

Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:50:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I really like the Radian Charging Handle and Ambi Safety.

I like it enough on my 15-22 rifle that I'll upgrade my pistol.

Volquartsen makes aftermarket barrels, firing pins, and extractors. Have the Carbon fiber rifle barrel and it's SUPER lightweight. Haven't really pressed it for accuracy. I bought it so I could have a spare steel barrel to eventually chop.

Tacticool22 makes a bunch of accessories, some more unnecessary than others.

NDZ makes 15-22 BAD Levers, Charging handles, and other accessories I have one of their BAD levers on my rifle and plan on adding one to my 15-22 pistol.
View Quote

I've been on the hunt for one of those Radian Charging handle/safety lever kits forever, do they still make them?  I've emailed Radian but they've never responded.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 2:46:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Volq bolt innards were a very good upgrade.

The rest below is not a must I guess but it has been great for me.

-Larue MBT-1S flat face single stage trigger
-BAD Ambi safety
-CMC anti walk pins
-MRO red dot

Really Nice Platform , fun as all hell.....

Forgot to add below
McFadden loader , an essential must if you want to save time on loading
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 1:36:23 PM EDT
[#16]
I've got a couple bucks into this one

Link Posted: 5/5/2022 3:47:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I've been on the hunt for one of those Radian Charging handle/safety lever kits forever, do they still make them?  I've emailed Radian but they've never responded.
View Quote

Since I posted this I'm realizing they haven't been in stock for a while and aren't on Radian's site any longer. Which stinks, because they're a great addition to the 15-22.

Good luck on an email reply from them, I had an order from them I had to contact a manager on LinkedIn to resolve, because they didn't return phone calls or emails.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top