Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2021 2:59:51 AM EDT
Had some clone work done on a 80% that I plan to finish into a completed lower.

Wanted to SBR it as the upper I wanted to put it on is a 10.3 barrel. I already have another SBR lower, so I'm covered until the Form 1 is approved.

What would I put as the manufacturer? My trust name?
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 3:09:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
What would I put as the manufacturer? My trust name?
View Quote

Yep - though the term for a non-licensee is the "maker" - I believe the wording in the instructions mentions that distinction, but it uses the same box on the form.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 3:26:57 AM EDT
[#2]
If you are using eforms, you would use the manufacture code "FMI"

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 11:40:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you are using eforms, you would use the manufacture code "FMI"

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/145596/FMI_JPG-1850766.JPG
View Quote

Yup. This is correct. Same when you build a suppressor. You click the box for selecting manufacturer by code, not name.  Type in FM1 and let the system find it.  Select their FM1 and away you go.

People not doing this correctly may be the biggest reason for going into the dreaded, "pending research" black hole.

I was walked through how to do this by a veteran of the Form 1 world and my approval came back in 3 weeks.

Link Posted: 3/7/2021 3:09:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yup. This is correct. Same when you build a suppressor. You click the box for selecting manufacturer by code, not name.  Type in FM1 and let the system find it.  Select their FM1 and away you go.

People not doing this correctly may be the biggest reason for going into the dreaded, "pending research" black hole.

I was walked through how to do this by a veteran of the Form 1 world and my approval came back in 3 weeks.

View Quote

One thing to note, the correct manufacture code is FMI as in Foxtrot Michael India. If you try and use FM1 it will not load anything.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 1:55:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 10:53:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Just a heads up, when I did one a few years back, part of the pending research process included a request from the NFA examiner to clearly describe what I was starting with, preferably a photograph. I had noted in my original description that I was intending to use said 80% lower and that I would be applying markings as part of my work. SO...I sent them a couple of photos of the unmachined and unmarked 80% lower. Everything went right through after the photos were sent.

The retro AR15 world was going through some turmoil around this same time for 80% lowers having been sent to an anodizing shop with colt retro markings already done [to include an off position and oversized fake 3rd pin marking above the selector] and I think that may have contributed to the requests for photos.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 7:35:54 PM EDT
[#7]
You are the mfg.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 7:37:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top