Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/27/2021 3:44:39 PM EDT
I really want to build a 5.56 suppressor that’s 2-2.5” wide. I am thinking a chode style under 6” in length. I want to put a keymo on it as well.
Is there anything out there already to buy or am I going to have to make some thing on my mill and lathe?
Titanium preferably
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 8:14:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Guess I need to fabricate one myself
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 9:16:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out Delta P. They make what you are talking about minus the keymod? Do you want keymod on the suppressor? Look up the delta p brevis.
@1911xdm

DeltaP
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/1/2021 9:22:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I don’t think they are selling to the public currently… military contracts I think.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 10:09:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Ya I have seen them before. They are the ones who gave me the idea. They are fully 3D printed. Pretty cool cans. I’m looking more at the form1 build it yourself route
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 10:52:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I don't think they are selling to the public currently military contracts I think.
View Quote
you're right.I thought they had some at silencershop when they first came out, but it looks like they are only doing military now.

Quoted:

Ya I have seen them before. They are the ones who gave me the idea. They are fully 3D printed. Pretty cool cans. I'm looking more at the form1 build it yourself route
View Quote
other than them, I haven't seen many thick short suppressors. If you have access to good machines, might as well make your own.

Link Posted: 7/7/2021 8:33:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Shout out to bam machine! Their tubes look great. Threading job is good too.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 2:02:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Who is Bam Machine?  Google has failed me.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 4:25:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Man, that does look like a cool tube. The part that gets me is that adapter. You could have had a smaller diameter and used that extra inch or so to stick another baffle or two in.

I do like the engraving though. I don't have a solution to make it shorter, but the adapter alone seems like it may defeat the purpose.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 4:29:40 PM EDT
[#9]
What’s the ID and what cones are you planning to use?

Can you post or IM me Bam’s contact info please?

What’s the weight of the tube, end cap, and adapter without the key mo?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 9:40:47 PM EDT
[#10]
BAM
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 3:44:40 PM EDT
[#11]
im looking at this, and im admittedly new to this subforum, but what's the point of the inner tube? especially with what looks like a large empty space between the inner and outer tube? wouldn't the baffles go inside the inner tube, so the outside tube basically doesn't do anything?
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 1:00:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Porting the spacer would allow expansion gases into the outer tube, theoretically shorter spacer equals shorter tube.
Internally stackable baffles compressed between the end caps would eliminate the need for an inside tube, allowing for a touch more space.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/21/2021 2:05:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Does anyone sell SS/Ti cones for BAM’s 2 inch tube?

Or would you put cones in the inner spacer tube?

Kind of confused
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 2:18:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Kind of confused
View Quote

You can do ether. I haven’t done anything yet with mine. Haven’t had the time
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 8:06:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Kind of confused
View Quote

For subs (especially larger calibers), yes, I'd probably fill the tube
Supers is where the coaxial can really shine.

My personal issue is this is just a generic coax design. The end result is all up to the builder. Unless your extremely experienced in this science you'll just be making your best guess at baffle counts, spacing, and, most importantly, how to port into and efficiently use the coax volume. It's not as simple as porting the blast spacing and calling it a day.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 1:41:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

For subs (especially larger calibers), yes, I'd probably fill the tube
Supers is where the coaxial can really shine.

My personal issue is this is just a generic coax design. The end result is all up to the builder. Unless your extremely experienced in this science you'll just be making your best guess at baffle counts, spacing, and, most importantly, how to port into and efficiently use the coax volume. It's not as simple as porting the blast spacing and calling it a day.
View Quote

Well damn.

I would be using it for only supers. (5.56)

I would think a non-coaxial shorty 2” OD can would
do pretty well.
Did he have cones on his site? I didn’t see any.

On a similar note, does anyone know of anybody who can make custom (non-drilled) cones/cups?

I need some large aluminum ones about 2.75” in diameter and I’m having a hell of a time finding something I can use.

Not trying to hijack the thread, anyone is free to IM me if they want.

Link Posted: 9/23/2021 9:33:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I would think a non-coaxial shorty 2” OD can would do pretty well.

On a similar note, does anyone know of anybody who can make custom (non-drilled) cones/cups?
View Quote

It could do well, but a properly made 1.5x6 will do great. Just adding girth doesn't compensate for lost length.

As for custom cones, I think there are only a couple members (here and on the form1 forum) that do them. Depending on volume, you could have an e-shop do them. Cost will be high, though, for limited runs.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 9:24:10 AM EDT
[#18]
BAM doesn’t sell 2” anymore and won’t be stocking them, same for reflex mounts
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 11:57:45 AM EDT
[#19]
a grease gun tube is about 2.25"OD. there is a difference between the cheap ones n wall thickness. you want a quality one with cut threads for the end fittings.  the thinner cheap ones are just pressed threads.  best guess is .07 VS .055 wall thickness.  But I'll be darned if i can i can find freeze plus.  nearest were 2.25, same as the OD of the tube and MAYBE i could make a cut, squeeze down and weld to make fit. But then I did a weight check on probably parts and  i was seeing 25 oz or more.  Seeing as I don't have a way to thread 2.25" tube and no one to do it for "free" , I was having to look at welding or using small nuts and bolts or rivets to attach end caps.  figuring in $200 tax, i decided to just save up for a commercial one and not worry about it blowing up.  
BUT I still think with all the diameter room on at least AR's, a 2"+ diameter to get shorter length would be worth exploring
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 2:13:03 PM EDT
[#20]
From what I have read, longer is better than fatter when it comes to sound reduction. Most fat suppressors have the coax design that why they are able to get away with being short
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 12:29:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Edit: sorry to hijack.,,,I’ll,start another thread.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top