Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2020 8:59:17 PM EDT
Noticed in the picture thread a lot carriers people have mags in the pocket.

So are they in a holder in the pouch for the mag or are they just sitting there?

Is this better than fastening on the outside of the carrier?
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 9:03:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Integrated kangaroo pouch?
You can get dividers for them so it's not one giant pocket.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 9:40:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Integrated kangaroo pouch?
You can get dividers for them so it's not one giant pocket.
View Quote

Looked up Integrated kangaroo pouch and got a few hits.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 9:44:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Your Google fo is strong, thats exactly what was mentioned.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 9:50:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Yup. Variety of companies make all sorts of kangaroo pouch inserts for mags.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 10:32:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Do you guys prefer mags on outside or in pouch?
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 11:51:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

The kangaroo pouches absolutely suck to re-index magazines without any kydex inserts. however, they are a fantastic way to cut down some bulk/thickness if you MUST run additional pouches in front of your magazines.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 11:56:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The kangaroo pouches absolutely suck to re-index magazines without any kydex inserts. however, they are a fantastic way to cut down some bulk/thickness if you MUST run additional pouches in front of your magazines.
View Quote

Is Esstac KYWI the go to for this? Too bad I'm still waiting for a Spiritus Micro Fight.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 12:03:09 AM EDT
[#8]
The trend with tactical gear is moving away from integrated kangaroo pouches and toward interchangeable  front flaps/placards that attach via ITW clips or G-hooks to the front of the carrier. Such pouches provide greater adaptability.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 3:06:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Is Esstac KYWI the go to for this? Too bad I'm still waiting for a Spiritus Micro Fight.
View Quote

Yes. Kywi all the things.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 3:16:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The trend with tactical gear is moving away from integrated kangaroo pouches and toward interchangeable  front flaps/placards that attach via ITW clips or G-hooks to the front of the carrier. Such pouches provide greater adaptability.
View Quote

See, I'm not personally a big fan of the whole interchangeable placard thing. I obviously see the appeal of the convenience, but removing stuff from molle webbing and weaving new things into the molle isn't that hard and doesn't take that long. Configuring your gear isn't a time sensitive task that you're going to be doing under stress, like reindexing a mag or pulling out your IFAK or something.

I don't see how placards really add any adaptability that you don't already get from being able to attach pouches to molle. They just save a little bit of time and effort from a task that doesn't actually need to be fast and easy.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 3:26:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

outside for me.
tried the inside pocket but didnt work for me..mags are too tight in there.. hard to put back in..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top