Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2021 5:11:45 PM EDT
Oh well.

Zev to build Glock in a Box for 2022. Probably cost more than an MP5K briefcase...
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:29:20 PM EDT
[#1]
They did announce an MP5 mag, even if you don't like it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:33:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They did announce an MP5 mag, even if you don't like it.
View Quote

Fixed for the nitwit crowd.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:40:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link to disappointment?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:42:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Link to disappointment?
View Quote

https://magpul.com/

who'd a thunk it?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:05:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I now want to build an MP5, run a buffer tube adapter, and stick the PRS Lite on the rear with a TR24R up top.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:37:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Oh well.

Zev to build Glock in a Box for 2022. Probably cost more than an MP5K briefcase...
View Quote

100% with you.  Pretty much everything for 2021 is a total disappointment.

I don't think Magpul has any clue what the market wants anymore.  Which sucks because they used to be so on-point with new stuff.  But a $240 knife?  Sunglasses?  A Glock-pistol-only drum?  MP5 drum?  An MP5 brace while the ATF is doing their best to virtue signal those are coming to end?

I think the demand for the stock version of the MP5 brace would be greater given the utter lack of A3 stocks the last year or two.  Not perfect, but it'd do.  They'd probably sell 4-8 stick mags for every MP5 drum they ship.  Just flood every existing product mold with the MCT polymer and they'd mint an immediate fortune.

I know AC-Unity isn't exactly beloved by everyone, but I feel like they're taking over for where Magpul has stagnated.  Hopefully we can continue to get their products in 2021 and they keep getting better.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:55:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

100% with you.  Pretty much everything for 2021 is a total disappointment.

I don't think Magpul has any clue what the market wants anymore.
View Quote

The biggest joke was fake 30 round mags for the ban state poser crowd. Seriously WTF.

The biggest winner was AC Unity.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:05:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The biggest joke was fake 30 round mags for the ban state poser crowd. Seriously WTF.

The biggest winner was AC Unity.
View Quote

The "fake" 30 round mag was actually a good idea. It lets ban state people use regular mag pouches instead of trying to find 10 round pouches.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:14:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The "fake" 30 round mag was actually a good idea. It lets ban state people use regular mag pouches instead of trying to find 10 round pouches.
View Quote

Posers can just put a bean bag in their pouch to take up the space. And their will be plenty of time for fake mags later.

The idea they prioritized a market so small over the entirety of the rest of the US for a real 30 rnd magazine is amazing.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:23:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Posers can just put a bean bag in their pouch to take up the space. And their will be plenty of time for fake mags later.

The idea they prioritized a market so small over the entirety of the rest of the US for a real 30 rnd magazine is amazing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think they are prioritizing the fake mags over the real ones. I don't see this cutting into the 30 round production. Could they have come up with better new products, sure. I think most of what they are releasing is nothing big. I could care less about the knife or glasses. None of the MP5 products interest me and I have a mp5 clone that I SBR'ed and a HK94. Hopefully next year will be better new stuff.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:31:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Maybe they know what is coming.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:45:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Maybe they know what is coming.
View Quote

then time to make as many real mags as possible (Colorado Airlift comes to mind), and make fake mags later when it is illegal to make real mags.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:58:58 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm not following, what is this "fake" 30 round mags you are talking about?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:24:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

It’s a regular PMAG 30 with a riveted floor plate and internal block to limit to 10 rounds.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:27:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ever hear of duck plugs for a shotgun?

Limits a shotgun to 3 rounds to keep the fudds happy. Because. You know. Every swinging dick is gonna blast all of the ducks into extinction...best to limit it in the name of Muh sportsmanshipz. That's what fake mags are... these are full sized magazines, but have a follower that's 3/4 the length of the magazine body so that the magazine can only accept 10 rounds.
There were other ways to reduce a standard sized magazine to 10 rounds.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:33:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Ah ok now I got you. I thought everyone was referring to an MP5 mag.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:08:09 AM EDT
[#17]
I don't see why they wouldn't make a conventional mag, since they can make a feed tower for their drum.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:54:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Sorta want the MP5 drum.  But I want to see a lot of positive user reports first.  Non-HK mp5 mags have a terrible track record across the board.

It mentions a bolt hold-open device.  How on earth would that work on a gun with no bolt catch/release?  Is it just so you can pull the charging handle back and lock it with no spring pressure?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:47:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Sorta want the MP5 drum.  But I want to see a lot of positive user reports first.  Non-HK mp5 mags have a terrible track record across the board.

It mentions a bolt hold-open device.  How on earth would that work on a gun with no bolt catch/release?  Is it just so you can pull the charging handle back and lock it with no spring pressure?
View Quote

Honestly that would be awesome if they could do it, I would think it would be like those AK mags that do the same thing. Better than the click no bang, you at least know you have to change mags.

They  do metal integrated aK mags already , I don’t see why they couldn’t do the same with mp5 mags, have a thin shell of steel molded inside the top portion  to keep the thickness down and still be able to fit in an mp5 magwell, if it can be figured out I’m sure they will.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:52:14 AM EDT
[#20]
I don't know how the ak hold opens work either.  Does the bolt not drop when you release the mag if that's the only thing holding it open?  How is that beneficial to the reloading process?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 8:01:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I don't see why they wouldn't make a conventional mag, since they can make a feed tower for their drum.
View Quote

They've said before the mag well on an MP5 is too cramped to allow for enough plastic to meet their durability requirements.  Because the drum mag is single stack in the feed tower, they can make everything thicker/stronger.

I bet we see a Magpul stock for that brace soon.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 8:02:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I don't know how the ak hold opens work either.  Does the bolt not drop when you release the mag if that's the only thing holding it open?  How is that beneficial to the reloading process?
View Quote

It's not beneficial to reloading, but it's beneficial to knowing you need to reload.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:13:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

They've said before the mag well on an MP5 is too cramped to allow for enough plastic to meet their durability requirements.  Because the drum mag is single stack in the feed tower, they can make everything thicker/stronger.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

They could always make it metal lined like a Glock mag and have it wider beyond the magwell and funnel it down narrower where it inserts, like a Vector mag

Quoted:

It's not beneficial to reloading, but it's beneficial to knowing you need to reload.

I don't see how that's any more beneficial than a *click*
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:27:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fake cartridge as part of the follower?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:31:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Would the Glock drum work in a PCC that is made for glock mags?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:57:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Would the Glock drum work in a PCC that is made for glock mags?
View Quote

They are offering a separate one for PCC with a shorter tower so that it will be more secure. But yes it would fit
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:40:54 AM EDT
[#27]
I know they’ve said a magpul Mp5 mag won’t work because of thickness necessary for polymer vs metal.

Obviously they figured something out with the big drum Mp5 mag.

Why not make a 15-20 round Mp5 mag even if it’s nearly the same size/length as a 30rd HK.

Would be nice because pmags are easy to take apart and clean. Okay to drop on the range too. Making them affordable for the SD and range crowd would be a great option. I know I’d buy a bunch to use and drop on the range.

Just a thought is all.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:55:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I know they’ve said a magpul Mp5 mag won’t work because of thickness necessary for polymer vs metal.

Obviously they figured something out with the big drum Mp5 mag.

Why not make a 15-20 round Mp5 mag even if it’s nearly the same size/length as a 30rd HK.

Would be nice because pmags are easy to take apart and clean. Okay to drop on the range too. Making them affordable for the SD and range crowd would be a great option. I know I’d buy a bunch to use and drop on the range.

Just a thought is all.
View Quote

The drums are single position feed, so this allows the tower to be thicker than it otherwise could be. It would be interesting to see if a single position feed polymer magazine would be viable, sort of like how Sig P365 and Shield Arms Glock 48 mags are designed. Something that's 20rds or so and same length as a traditional 30.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:00:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Underwhelmed would be too generous in describing my response to the Magpul offerings. Much disappoint.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:23:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:24:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Underwhelmed would be too generous in describing my response to the Magpul offerings. Much disappoint.
View Quote

Because Mag-pull /H&K mildly dislikes you.

I was also pissed about a drum.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:16:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I don't think Magpul has any clue what the market wants anymore.
View Quote

Ammo.

Maybe they can re-tool.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top