Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2020 12:55:21 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 2:09:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Your link is broken but I got the email from them about it.

Yuck. That's the best thing I have to say about it
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 3:56:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Is that $50 for just a polymer safety lever?  That’s a hard no at that price.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 5:09:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I like Magpul stuff but these products look super cheap IMO.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 5:55:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Good to see more companies making stuff for the MP5 series but damn it’s ugly.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 6:22:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 7:17:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Please bless us with a magazine Magpul (not possible, I know).
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 11:20:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I think the handguards look weird, but I’ve liked the styling of the grip module and the safety since they first teased them.  I have two of each on preorder with Brownells.

To be fair, I prefer PTR’s boring (Navy-inspired?) polymer grip frame over the classic metal and even the contoured polymer ones.  There may be something wrong with me.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 12:40:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I was excited when I saw the subject line of the email. Once I looked at what they’re releasing I immediately lost interest.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 10:04:48 PM EDT
[#9]
As a lefty who doesn't want to pay for an ambi pack and housing, I'm interested in the safety.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 12:12:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Not digging the forend at all. Grip module I'm kind of neutral on, I feel like I'd have to handle it to see if it really does much for me.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 11:49:18 AM EDT
[#11]
rail? maybe.  Im interested in the grip module and safety as the originals really blow.

Link Posted: 5/24/2020 3:16:49 PM EDT
[#12]
If you want delayed blowback and modern ergos in 9mm, get an MPX for the cost of an MP5 clone or something like a CMMG Banshee for much less. I don't understand Magpul on this one... Most people are buying replicas of a 60 year old platform because they want a classic. Who's buying a $1500-3000 rifle, wanting to really fuck with it, then shopping on price alone? IMO their promo image for their lower really showcases how out of touch Magpul is on this one:

• New plastic lower complete with angular styling to clash with the roundness of the MP5's stamped receiver and sights.
  • Yet another plastic handguard, with the same awful angular styling as the lower, that you can screw an adapter into for mounting a light.
  • An AR folding stock adapter on an AR stock adapter complete with a Magpul stock (obviously) that you probably never need to extend after the first 5" of adapters.
  • Welded rear and front rails to use the MBUS Pro
  • ...and a trilug barrel with a can threaded on
There's hundreds of things people are clamoring for Magpul to develop but it seems they brought to market what should have been an April Fool's joke.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 3:32:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
...and a trilug barrel with a can threaded on
View Quote

Not seeing the derp with this one. That's very common in the MP5 world, starting with the MP5N I believe.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 4:12:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Not seeing the derp with this one. That's very common in the MP5 world, starting with the MP5N I believe.
View Quote
Sure it works and in that sense it's not bad. It is the lesser of two options though best suited for when you don't have the better one (or are cloning a unit that didn't)... But I imagine whoever got that pic probably did have the option and opted (again) for reduced functionality. And even if they didn't, it's still part of a theme of possibly the, uhhh, strangest way to spend $2,000-$5000+ on an MP5 setup
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 4:30:44 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't love these but  think the handguard will start moving once people realize how handy those MLOK slots are for lights and lasers, but I do wish they had more of the traditional MP5 wide handguard look.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 6:31:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I don't love these but  think the handguard will start moving once people realize how handy those MLOK slots are for lights and lasers, but I do wish they had more of the traditional MP5 wide handguard look.
View Quote

Lights yes, but do Mp5 type hgs attach tight enough and not move to mount a laser? I thought Surefire found out years ago there’s enough variance in the guns that they couldn’t put laser modules in their hgs.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 10:42:09 PM EDT
[#17]
I like the K forearm better than most of the other K non-SBR ones out there.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 5:14:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Y'all have overlooked the fact that PSA likely funded a lot of the development costs for these parts.  As much as I'm a purist, and prefer the old-school HK bits better, it's all way better looking (and I'm sure better quality) than the shit PTR is putting out.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top