Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2023 7:31:29 PM EDT
What magnified optic are you running on your ps90 & on what mount?

I've got the 1x primary arms microprism on the TROS mount on mine right now, but I want a magnified optic.
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 11:30:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I have seen people put those baby ACOGs sometimes. Pricey but it seems like a cool solution.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 8:00:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By guy_7:
I have seen people put those baby ACOGs sometimes. Pricey but it seems like a cool solution.
View Quote

Hoping to not drop ACOG $
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 11:44:34 AM EDT
[#3]
How about the Primary Arms Slx 3x? Works with Acog mounts.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 12:08:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By levi333:
View Quote
I think the eye relief won't be there.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 9:13:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: greekplaya990] [#5]
You'd probably want to stick to the ACOG platform mount and get something lightly magnified with a large field of view and also use something like HB Industries Low Profile Mounts to be able to get the optic low enough to not be goofy and tall. I'm using a Aimpoint Acro mounted right on the top rail and it's already pretty high, I can't imagine the weird positioning you'd have to shoot it in if you put a scope mount on top of the OEM rail. I think I'm leaning towards the Trijicon MRO HD with its ring and dot plus a low-profile mount replacing the OEM rail as one of the best setups for the gun.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 8:52:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By greekplaya990:
You'd probably want to stick to the ACOG platform mount and get something lightly magnified with a large field of view and also use something like HB Industries Low Profile Mounts to be able to get the optic low enough to not be goofy and tall. I'm using a Aimpoint Acro mounted right on the top rail and it's already pretty high, I can't imagine the weird positioning you'd have to shoot it in if you put a scope mount on top of the OEM rail. I think I'm leaning towards the Trijicon MRO HD with its ring and dot plus a low-profile mount replacing the OEM rail as one of the best setups for the gun.
View Quote
I'm wanting to go to a magnified optic not another 1x piece
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 10:11:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Buffman_LT1:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By levi333:

It’s more than the mini acogs people are running according to the specs.
I have one coming for another gun, I’ll mock it up and see if it might work.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 7:06:26 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

It's not. Mocked my last up on the PS90 before I sold the optic. Eye relief was terrible
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 7:06:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Aside from a whopping 1.5x for pricey ACOG, what options do I have that still give me a good cheek weld?
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 4:01:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Princeton] [#10]
I have a PS90 with a red dot in the safe but never thought about a magnified optic. This intrigues me.

Just curious, what kind of eye relief are you looking for?
What would the needed eye relief be?
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 9:04:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Princeton:

I have a PS90 with a red dot in the safe but never thought about a magnified optic. This intrigues me.

Just curious, what kind of eye relief are you looking for?
What would the needed eye relief be?
View Quote

The I relief needed is still being able to get a decent field of view where my cheek would be which is right behind where the end of the magazine is...
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 9:09:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Princeton] [#12]
I don’t currently have access to my PS90, my safes are buried in moving boxes and hoarding junk so I was wondering approximately what the measurement eye relief needed would be?

4”, 5”, more?

I was almost thinking an old Colt 4x scope that used to put on AR15 carry handles might work but probably not enough eye relief.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 11:11:02 AM EDT
[#13]
I don’t currently have access to my PS90, my safes are buried in moving boxes and hoarding junk so I was wondering approximately what the measurement eye relief needed would be?

4”, 5”, more?

I was almost thinking an old Colt 4x scope that used to put on AR15 carry handles might work but probably not enough eye relief.
View Quote

At least 4"
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 5:03:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Going to try the Burris RT-6 on the Damage Ind rail. Might look goofy to some, but my eyes will be happy. Therefore, I will enjoy shooting the PS90 more. Once my Form1 gets approved, and my T3 can gets out of jail, it will be even more fun!
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 6:09:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By RangeToy:
Going to try the Burris RT-6 on the Damage Ind rail. Might look goofy to some, but my eyes will be happy. Therefore, I will enjoy shooting the PS90 more. Once my Form1 gets approved, and my T3 can gets out of jail, it will be even more fun!
View Quote

PSA Armory had this yesterday for $299
But by the time I clicked on the link was out of stock.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 5:07:56 PM EDT
[#16]

PSA Armory had this yesterday for $299
But by the time I clicked on the link was out of stock.
View Quote

MSR is too heavy for the PS90 IMO. RT-6 was the same $ anyway :)
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 4:08:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Any chance of a picture with the RT-6 mounted on your PS90?
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 7:24:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Any chance of a picture with the RT-6 mounted on your PS90?
View Quote

Here you go.
https://imgur.com/a/Us7ibo3
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 12:58:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By RangeToy:

Here you go.
https://imgur.com/a/Us7ibo3
View Quote

Thanks

How do you feel about it with the scope mounted?

Link Posted: 5/2/2023 8:28:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RangeToy] [#20]

Thanks

How do you feel about it with the scope mounted?

View Quote

With the scope and two magazines, you can definitely feel the added weight. (I added the Damage Ind mag coupler So I still would have a proper cheek weld), But I don't think that's going to really matter in the end because I'll be able to enjoy shooting it more now.

Also, it's just a range toy for me. I could understand if someone using this for self-defense didn't want to add all this weight or bulk. I have a T3 can in jail & still waiting on my Form 1 to be approved. It will be even more fun after those two things are complete.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top