Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2020 8:05:14 PM EDT
My Sporter recently shit the bed. Error 2...Would not read velocity. Contacted Magnetospeed. Told to make account and get an RMA. Did exactly as told and never get an RMA. Repeated e mails back and forth and cannot get an RMA to save my life. And they will not take the unit back to test without it. Has anyone else dealt with their CS and had problems? Has anyone else had a reasonably low use Chrono shit the bed? I was really liking this chrono. But now having it quit with not a whole lot of use and basically zero help from the company I'm reluctant to spend more money with them.
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 9:52:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 7:09:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can't help you OP, I'm sure we have someone will be along who has had dealings with them.

Please keep Lab Radar posts to yourself.
View Quote

@dryflash3 excuse me?
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 7:33:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Dont own one but did you see this on their website:

The error 2 message you are seeing is actually a spacing and sensitivity error. The instructions that you received have been updated and are available on our website. Here is the link: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0150/8926/files/Sporter_Instructions_Rev2_79392387-7865-4ae7-9603-6463da53598f.pdf?11897484851174917067 The only major change is the error messages. Vertical distance or the space between the bullet flight path and the top of the sensor deck needs to be between .125 and .25" One of the two rubber V block pads should get your between that threshold if you barrel is between .5" and 1" in diameter. horizontal spacing (the space between the end of your rifle and the beginning of the flat portion of the sensor deck) needs to be between 1" to 1.5" If you are shooting .30cal and larger; start with a setting of REG (regular). If you are shooting .30cal down to .223, start with REG and then try HI 1. If you are shooting .223 and smaller, start with HI 1, but you will most likely need to use HI 2 for smaller calibers like .22lr. If confirming spacing and sensitivity settings doesn't work, please contact us.

????Whats wrong with labradar dont understand "Please keep Lab Radar posts to yourself."  
I was thinking of getting one myself.

Snowman357
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 7:41:27 AM EDT
[#4]
@YoteSlayer69

I've had two Magnetospeed's crap the bed like yours.  I was able to get Magnetospeed to look at the second unit but they said it was fine but it doesn't work.  I've tried multiple cables and bayonets but in the end both are now expensive paper weights.  I definitely don't recommend nor will I purchase another Magnetospeed product.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 8:59:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Dont own one but did you see this on their website:

The error 2 message you are seeing is actually a spacing and sensitivity error. The instructions that you received have been updated and are available on our website. Here is the link: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0150/8926/files/Sporter_Instructions_Rev2_79392387-7865-4ae7-9603-6463da53598f.pdf?11897484851174917067 The only major change is the error messages. Vertical distance or the space between the bullet flight path and the top of the sensor deck needs to be between .125 and .25" One of the two rubber V block pads should get your between that threshold if you barrel is between .5" and 1" in diameter. horizontal spacing (the space between the end of your rifle and the beginning of the flat portion of the sensor deck) needs to be between 1" to 1.5" If you are shooting .30cal and larger; start with a setting of REG (regular). If you are shooting .30cal down to .223, start with REG and then try HI 1. If you are shooting .223 and smaller, start with HI 1, but you will most likely need to use HI 2 for smaller calibers like .22lr. If confirming spacing and sensitivity settings doesn't work, please contact us.

????Whats wrong with labradar dont understand "Please keep Lab Radar posts to yourself."  
I was thinking of getting one myself.

Snowman357
View Quote

Yep saw that. And had two other owners of Magnetospeeds help in diag. All shrugged after trying everything we could and here I am. Unable to get an RMA number to send it back. And they clearly state without an RMA number they won’t

And ya what’s up with the keep Lab Radar posts to myself.
An attempt to hide known problems with that Mr Brownells??
Would like to know before I plunk down 600 bucks on that.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 9:00:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
@YoteSlayer69

I've had two Magnetospeed's crap the bed like yours.  I was able to get Magnetospeed to look at the second unit but they said it was fine but it doesn't work.  I've tried multiple cables and bayonets but in the end both are now expensive paper weights.  I definitely don't recommend nor will I purchase another Magnetospeed product.
View Quote

That’s not very encouraging.. Damn I really liked this unit. But am very reluctant to purchase another now.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 11:35:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 12:10:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

And ya what’s up with the keep Lab Radar posts to myself.
An attempt to hide known problems with that Mr Brownells??
Would like to know before I plunk down 600 bucks on that.
View Quote

That comment from DF wasn’t for you, it was for the rest of us like AKSnowRider, wildearp, lazyengineer, and a few others that always chime in and say LR is the be all end all.

Link Posted: 9/12/2020 1:41:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 1:59:39 PM EDT
[#10]
OP, Have you tried calling them?

(512) 284-8161

Some companies are just terrible at email.  Others do great on the phone.  Some, sadly, are terrible at both.

I'd just give them a call and see if they can help you. Nothing better than talking to someone live, assuming you can get through to a human.
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 8:19:11 AM EDT
[#11]
After dryflashes comment I thought I had made some post no no..
I have called emailed left messages..
And am getting some local help. Hopefully it’s just an owner out of the shop or something. Others have had better luck than me based on some research. At a match today many recommended I just bone up the cash and go with....

That which cannot be mentioned here..

Link Posted: 9/13/2020 10:19:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
And am getting some local help. Hopefully it’s just an owner out of the shop or something. Others have had better luck than me based on some research. At a match today many recommended I just bone up the cash and go with....

View Quote

Well you are allowed to ask about it if you’re curious about it. We just have a tendency to push people towards it. If you are being drawn to it...well that’s different.
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 1:30:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 3:39:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Well I made a mess out of that notice, should have said right off to all. My bad. Fixed after an edit.

I just didn't want your thread about Magnospeed to turn into a get a Labradar.

As every time a new posters ask about a single stage, the rest of the thread is "get a 750".

You as OP, can guide your own thread in any direction you want. Mention any brand you want.

I will remove my notice in my first post, edit title if you want.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And am getting some local help. Hopefully it's just an owner out of the shop or something. Others have had better luck than me based on some research. At a match today many recommended I just bone up the cash and go with....

Well I made a mess out of that notice, should have said right off to all. My bad. Fixed after an edit.

As every time a new posters ask about a single stage, the rest of the thread is "get a 750".

You as OP, can guide your own thread in any direction you want. Mention any brand you want.

Dude really I love ya bro..You have in the past been very helpful...I was simply confused and thought for a moment you had been captured and flipped by an evil corporation....Now I know all is good!!   No need to do anything else
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 5:09:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 5:36:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Just breathing too much smoke up here. Those antifa fires are no joke.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
And am getting some local help. Hopefully it's just an owner out of the shop or something. Others have had better luck than me based on some research. At a match today many recommended I just bone up the cash and go with....

Dude really I love ya bro..You have in the past been very helpful...I was simply confused and thought for a moment you had been captured and flipped by an evil corporation....Now I know all is good!!   No need to do anything else
Just breathing too much smoke up here. Those antifa fires are no joke.

Take care ok I have family in Washington...We are all worried
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 10:27:15 PM EDT
[#17]
FWIW Several magnetospeed users at my range have sold them off and bought labradars.

Link Posted: 9/14/2020 11:29:56 PM EDT
[#18]
The LabRadar is not perfect though.

The app sucks.  Bad.  I had a lucky streak there for awhile I guess, but the last three weekends were completely different. Couldn't keep it connected for more than a minute or two.  I almost always give up on it and just use the buttons on the unit itself. It's a little clunky but not terrible once you get used to the menu layout. I just use the app to delete bad data (like when I close the bolt with the accelerometer trigger active ).
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 12:04:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 4:57:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Mailed off lets see what happens next.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 5:39:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Communication was a bit difficult..Mainly cause I'm a boomer when it comes to some tech..Not hitting all the right buttons on the web  actually  matters. Seems my display was defective. Coming back with a new one no charge. Overall once I got the RMA web page right...The owner walked me through it. Sending it off testing and repair was a snap. Quick response via e mail. Unit on it's way back.. A good experience overall. And now that I know how his system works any other issues should go smoothly.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 8:35:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 1:00:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Noted and thank you for the update.  

I’m considering one in the near future.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top