Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2020 9:57:50 PM EDT
Didn't magpul mention at the 2019 shotshow that they were making FAL mags but we're working the kinks out?  Just wondering why they never came out with a FAL mag....
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 10:28:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I didn't hear of this, but I would love to see it happen!
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 5:58:10 AM EDT
[#2]
With the FAL still in production by DSA that would be great..
They made mags for the most iconic platform already.. AR15, AR10, AK, G36... even the AUG.. it’s about time for the FAL.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 9:57:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Didn't magpul mention at the 2019 shotshow that they were making FAL mags but we're working the kinks out?  Just wondering why they never came out with a FAL mag....
View Quote

Not a large enough of a market to make it profitable.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 9:23:21 AM EDT
[#4]
If that's true, they didn't tell their own people.
I actually emailed CS last year and asked them. The response was "We don't have any plans for that at the moment"
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 12:00:39 PM EDT
[#5]
God Damn.  I'd buy a metric fuck load of Magpul FAL mags

@WH_Magpul
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 5:58:30 PM EDT
[#6]
only now is there a market for them

Years ago they were dirt cheap like $5 each. I got a box of 10 NIW G1 mags for $130 and thought i was over paying for then
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 4:12:20 PM EDT
[#7]
DSA makes a non-metal magazine.  I have a couple and they've worked fine for me.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 6:00:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Anyone tried these?
https://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1751
For reference, Rock River Arms designed their LAR-8 to use FAL mags, back when there was a huge surplus of them. They say that they can't guarantee the mags work in anything other than their rifle, but if it's off the original pattern....?
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 12:19:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/8/2020 10:31:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
DSA makes a non-metal magazine.  I have a couple and they've worked fine for me.
View Quote

Mine won’t hold rounds in place. The magazine flexes and pops rounds out. They won’t even hold one round. Total garbage.
Link Posted: 8/8/2020 11:24:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Anyone tried these?
https://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1751
For reference, Rock River Arms designed their LAR-8 to use FAL mags, back when there was a huge surplus of them. They say that they can't guarantee the mags work in anything other than their rifle, but if it's off the original pattern....?
View Quote

Those look exactly like Thermold Metric magazines for the FAL.

Some people have had luck with them in the FAL, that’s what they were made for.
Thermold makes an inch pattern too. I DID have luck with those myself, but with a janky rifle that doesn’t like any other mags- surplus steel metric OR inch.

I’d give them a shot if the price is right
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 11:38:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You can still get excellent condition surplus mags for that price.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone tried these?

You can still get excellent condition surplus mags for that price.

If they're US made they count as 922 parts if needed.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 12:37:56 AM EDT
[#13]
My 89 cents is get GI while you can right now.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 10:16:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

More reasonable if you consider that they would likely made with inserts in the mold that could be swapped to produce both SCAR 17 and FAL mags.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 10:31:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Kel Tek RFB takes FAL mags too.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 3:26:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Too bad someone couldn't take over the Moses mag. I have 5 of them and they work great. Would buy more and keep my steel mags back for a rainy day.

Link Posted: 11/12/2020 3:23:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Too bad someone couldn't take over the Moses mag. I have 5 of them and they work great. Would buy more and keep my steel mags back for a rainy day.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/89/20181203_084957-759381.jpg
View Quote

I thought DSA bought Moses out?
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 9:51:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought so too but they no longer have them listed on the website. The do however have these: https://www.dsarms.com/p-17211-ds-arms-fal-sa58-metric-pattern-polymer-magazine-20-round-black.aspx
Any experience with the new DSA polymer mags?
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 10:23:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I thought so too but they no longer have them listed on the website. The do however have these: https://www.dsarms.com/p-17211-ds-arms-fal-sa58-metric-pattern-polymer-magazine-20-round-black.aspx
View Quote

I bought 5. None of them will hold a round. Don’t waste your money.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 1:05:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think that more recent rifles ship with a 20rd Thermold mag...

Forrest
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 5:49:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think they bought his inventory of incomplete mags and finished them themselves (while customers who paid for mags never got them).  AFAIK he still has the tooling and the design.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 3:54:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the heads up. Seems DSA just can’t do mags that work ??
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 4:17:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is what i need them for.
Have a few Steyr mags that work well, all other surplus mags I've tried have been finicky.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 6:06:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think the main problem with DSA’s steel mags is the heavy phosphate coating they used. I bet if you just take some fine steel wool and oil and knocked the roughness off the interior and the followers they might  run.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 10:13:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I think the main problem with DSA’s steel mags is the heavy phosphate coating they used. I bet if you just take some fine steel wool and oil and knocked the roughness off the interior and the followers they might  run.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I smoothed out the feed lips on the three 30 round DSA's I have. They feed fine. I've only had one falure to feed with the one 20 rounder I have, and that seems to have gone away, likely because the feed lips are smoothed out.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 10:29:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FAL market is DEAD.   AR-15 / AR-10 / Glock markets are really the only things HOT & Growing.   AKs are crippled by high prices since little to no imports.  FAL is a "legacy" gun like the G-3 or M-1A.  a few get sold here and there, but there are plenty of surplus magazines around for all of those.

Rock River Arms makes a Poly FAL mag for their LAR-8 rifle. The ones I bought for my LAR-8 reminded me a lot of Thermolds.  Just didn't get that "Stomp On Them - They can take it" of a MagPul type mag.      There was the whole "Moses Mags" fiasco too.  A real shame as those who actually got the mags liked them ...

Just not any real market to offset the huge expense of setting up production lines.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top