Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2017 9:42:01 PM EDT
So I was out at a shoot on Saturday, and I ran into an issue with my ACR where if I was using a Pmag, it would drop out while firing.  Now, using a standard aluminum STANAG mag has no issues.

Ever run into this?
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 8:23:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I just purchased an ACR and shot it for the first time Sunday. I also had a problem but it was with 5 round aluminum magazines,the three 5 round mags were dropping out every 2-3 rounds. I had a 20 round aluminum magazine and it worked fine? I wonder if there is an issue with the magazine release...
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 10:51:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I’ve not heard of this very often.  I’d check to see if the mag release is completely locking in on the mag.  I think the one that had issues had a little extra plastic from the mold catching the metal latch or something like that.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 5:22:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’ve not heard of this very often.  I’d check to see if the mag release is completely locking in on the mag.  I think the one that had issues had a little extra plastic from the mold catching the metal latch or something like that.  
View Quote
That's the first thing I looked at.  It appear that the mag catch is fully seated.  I'll give Remington CS a call later today to see if they have any ideas.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 6:23:38 PM EDT
[#4]
So, I talked with Remington today. Apparently Remington's stance is that Pmags are not recommended, and I should stick to aluminum STANAG mags.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 8:58:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I was using aluminum mags when I had my problems???
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 8:58:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow, What color is your lower?  I might have a spare.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 8:59:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Black
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 9:15:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:Apparently Remington's stance is that Pmags are not recommended...
View Quote
All ACRs come from the factory with Pmags
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 6:03:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:Apparently Remington's stance is that Pmags are not recommended...
I'm just reiterating what the gentleman from Remington stated.  Maybe @BushmasterFirearms could come and clean up the issue.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 2:43:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:I'm just reiterating what the gentleman from Remington stated.
View Quote
Understood, but clearly he was mistaken. If there really was a pmag issue, it would have been cleared up over the past decade or so of the ACR shipping with pmags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top