Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2019 2:25:14 PM EDT
Can someone explain the process of how to send a gun out for repair and who is able to do the work?

I’d like to have a gun cerakoted and a new trigger installed in a Mac. Is any licensed FFL able to do this work? How long are they able to have the gun for? Any other information would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 3:08:53 PM EDT
[#1]
You just need to send a copy of the form 4 with the gun to a gunsmith that can handle title 2 weapons. A repair is not considered a transfer so you don't have to do paperwork with the atf.

I'd talk to someone like practical solutions as they focus on the mac line of guns. I'd also talk to Mike at TSC Machine. He focuses on HK roller lock guns but has done a few macs of late. He did a m10/45 for me and a dealer friend of his saw it and had him do a m11/9 for him. He also refinished a m11/9 for a friend who is transfering it through him and a m11/380 for me on a repair order while its transferring through another dealer to me.

The M11/380(yes I actually had it refinished like the 380 glocks and walthers).

Don't have a good pic of the m10 that does it justice.

Two of my hk's that were done by them.

Mike replaced the fire control group in the M10 with a new one as my safety wasn't working right(I bought an entire group so he just replaced it all and fitted the new parts). On the m11/9 for a friend he swapped in lage parts that he provided. The M11/380 didn't want to work with the lage upper right so I bought an entire lower parts group and had him just swap everything. I figured it was just easier to swap all of the 30 plus year old parts with shiny new ones(also used lage's upgraded parts).
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 10:05:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You just need to send a copy of the form 4 with the gun to a gunsmith that can handle title 2 weapons. A repair is not considered a transfer so you don't have to do paperwork with the atf.

I'd talk to someone like practical solutions as they focus on the mac line of guns. I'd also talk to Mike at TSC Machine. He focuses on HK roller lock guns but has done a few macs of late. He did a m10/45 for me and a dealer friend of his saw it and had him do a m11/9 for him. He also refinished a m11/9 for a friend who is transfering it through him and a m11/380 for me on a repair order while its transferring through another dealer to me.

The M11/380(yes I actually had it refinished like the 380 glocks and walthers).
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/800x600q90/924/08ecrO.jpg

Don't have a good pic of the m10 that does it justice.
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/800x600q90/924/6dq7EB.jpg

Two of my hk's that were done by them.
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/800x600q90/921/NZ735i.png

Mike replaced the fire control group in the M10 with a new one as my safety wasn't working right(I bought an entire group so he just replaced it all and fitted the new parts). On the m11/9 for a friend he swapped in lage parts that he provided. The M11/380 didn't want to work with the lage upper right so I bought an entire lower parts group and had him just swap everything. I figured it was just easier to swap all of the 30 plus year old parts with shiny new ones(also used lage's upgraded parts).
View Quote
Those are some nice looking paint jobs, don't think I could ever bring myself to paint my transferables though.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 12:23:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Those are some nice looking paint jobs, don't think I could ever bring myself to paint my transferables though.
View Quote
In the case of the macs they can be blasted and reparked if you change your mind. My m10/45 was rewelded by practical solutions and converted to take normal parts(texas gun) before being reparked so it wasn't original. My friends m11/9 was reparked before he bought it. He just had it done in the black tsc uses on their hk guns so it matched the lage upper a little better. Those HK guns are semi auto sear hosts that were converted to the state they are in and reparked before being painted so they wouldn't have had the original finish anyway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top