Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2018 6:58:47 PM EDT
I scored a very good deal on a near-new condition Mac-10 in 9mm. I am obviously going to order some LAGE parts and am awaiting info on some eventual centerfire conversion uppers. So, aside from the Lage upper, sear, new stock and mags, what else should I get?

Bigger question - I have a small storage box of about 150 unissued Uzi mags. What are the “hive’s” thoughts on the Practical Solutions Uzi magwell conversion. Also, if I do the conversion, can I still use the Lage Upper(s) and parts? Thanks in advance!

Sub question - pros/cons of a small mag well .380 model?
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 7:24:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I scored a very good deal on a near-new condition Mac-10 in 9mm. I am obviously going to order some LAGE parts and am awaiting info on some eventual centerfire conversion uppers. So, aside from the Lage upper, sear, new stock and mags, what else should I get?

Bigger question - I have a small storage box of about 150 unissued Uzi mags. What are the "hive's" thoughts on the Practical Solutions Uzi magwell conversion. Also, if I do the conversion, can I still use the Lage Upper(s) and parts? Thanks in advance!

Yes but the upper needs to be modded, Sam will do it..

Sub question - pros/cons of a small mag well .380 model?
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 12:10:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Sell the box of uzi mags and use funds to buy shockwave zmags.

With the price of transferable MGs getting ever higher I would be hesitant to mod them.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 12:04:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

With the price of transferable MGs getting ever higher I would be hesitant to mod them.
View Quote
You may have a point. With the availability of Z mags, there may be value in staying classic. Personaly, I will be very happy with a Lage upper and a centerfire upper (rumer is Richard is making one for the M10).

Next question - is there a point to an Small grip .380 M11?
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 10:57:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
That won't work if he has a double-feed MAC-10.

Unless I missed it somewhere that Zmans were being made for double feed M-10/9mms.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 8:10:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You may have a point. With the availability of Z mags, there may be value in staying classic. Personaly, I will be very happy with a Lage upper and a centerfire upper (rumer is Richard is making one for the M10).

Next question - is there a point to an Small grip .380 M11?
View Quote
The small grip on the M11 380 is my favorite due to ergonomics. I have somewhat larger than avg sized hands, but the smaller grip fits me better. It is also favored by the ladies because it just 'feels right' with the Lage plastic grips.
It is personal preference. If you want a Max 11A1 or GG then you need the larger magwell of course-more options. But I enjoy something that is easier to hold and shoot. The Max31 and Max15 don't care about the size of the grip.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 6:25:31 PM EDT
[#6]
The other option may be a glock mag conversion.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 6:56:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The other option may be a glock mag conversion.
View Quote
I’ve seen photos of it done with a stainless race frame. Anyone done this successfully and can it be used with a Lage upper?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top