Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2018 11:07:51 AM EDT
Just curious, if I were to pick up an extra barrel for my MSAR is it possible to get it drilled out to 30cal for 300blk? Aside from that I'm about ready to sell this thing. Actually the only reason I haven't is because every time I go to gunbroker there are 50 listed there that don't sell. The ones that do don't go for much.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 11:26:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Gundrilling out the barrel and rifling it is probably not worth the cost.

I'd look to see if there are 300 Blackout barrels available for it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 11:54:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I have, there are not.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 1:53:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I don’t think they ever made 300 blackout. They made a handful of 6.8 and maybe some 5.45 that they sold once they went to shit financially. Then the last few years of their existence they kept playing the “we are bankrupt... just kidding.” Game over and over and didn’t ship much of anything until they finally gave up the ghost.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 3:17:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don’t think they ever made 300 blackout. They made a handful of 6.8 and maybe some 5.45 that they sold once they went to shit financially. Then the last few years of their existence they kept playing the “we are bankrupt... just kidding.” Game over and over and didn’t ship much of anything until they finally gave up the ghost.
View Quote
Yeah I remember. The sales guys had their shit together. Not sure what the problem was internally. Too bad, they could have been a big name. They made a nice rifle. Had they come out with a good 300blk and a better trigger that would have helped them. a 7.62x39 would have been nice too. I know part of where they screwed up was with those magazines. They said they would trade them out and many people who sent them in got nothing in return. They shipped me five replacement PMags, but for what I hear I got lucky.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 4:06:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yeah I remember. The sales guys had their shit together.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yeah I remember. The sales guys had their shit together.
I wouldn't say their *sales* guys, but rather their CS guy...who deflected a lot of the issues with copious amounts of swag and freebies.

Not sure what the problem was internally. Too bad, they could have been a big name. They made a nice rifle. Had they come out with a good 300blk and a better trigger that would have helped them. a 7.62x39 would have been nice too. I know part of where they screwed up was with those magazines. They said they would trade them out and many people who sent them in got nothing in return. They shipped me five replacement PMags, but for what I hear I got lucky.
The problem was the owner.

As for the mags...I was fortunate to be that "pebble in a shoe" that wouldn't go away.  I not only got my promised "two replacement mags for each returned mag", but also converted some of them into the last generation stock system that used AR mags.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 7:01:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Probably wont be able to find a barrel anywhere anyway.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 7:25:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Makes me wonder what happened with Steyr’s Tease
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 8:28:16 PM EDT
[#8]
hh
Quoted:
Makes me wonder what happened with Steyr’s Tease
View Quote
reliability issues
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 6:30:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Ahh, I think I'm just going to sell it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 4:06:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yeah I remember. The sales guys had their shit together. Not sure what the problem was internally. Too bad, they could have been a big name. They made a nice rifle. Had they come out with a good 300blk and a better trigger that would have helped them. a 7.62x39 would have been nice too. I know part of where they screwed up was with those magazines. They said they would trade them out and many people who sent them in got nothing in return. They shipped me five replacement PMags, but for what I hear I got lucky.
View Quote
They did chamber one in 7.62x39  I know as I have two MSAR E4's one 5.56 and the other 7.62x39 and both are set up with left hand bolts.  Being a lefty I was really glad to hear Ratworx was making left hand bolts in both calibers.  I was also fortunate enough to get one of the Precision 2020 hammer packs.  The 2020 pack is a custom made hammer pack that used the stock shell but has an insert that uses an AR15 hammer, disconnector, and springs.  One of the sweetest triggers I have ever seen on a bullpup.  Zero  take-up, smooth clean 2 lb. trigger pull, zero overtravel, and 1/8" reset

I cut the barrel of my 5.56 MSAR down to 13.5" and blind pinned a Noveske Flaming Pig making the barrel a true 16" without the additional length of a muzzle device.  I wanted one of them as short as legally possible.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 8:38:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just curious, if I were to pick up an extra barrel for my MSAR is it possible to get it drilled out to 30cal for 300blk? Aside from that I'm about ready to sell this thing. Actually the only reason I haven't is because every time I go to gunbroker there are 50 listed there that don't sell. The ones that do don't go for much.
View Quote
And that’s the problem with them. They were never consistently reliable and the people currently saddled with them can’t get rid of them - especially since actual Styer AUGs are now easily available and reasonably priced. You might get more money by parting it out rather than selling it whole?
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 9:32:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

And that’s the problem with them. They were never consistently reliable and the people currently saddled with them can’t get rid of them - especially since actual Styer AUGs are now easily available and reasonably priced. You might get more money by parting it out rather than selling it whole?
View Quote
Your probably right. I sold the extra stock and several other parts they gave me. I'm probably pretty close to having covered what I paid for it. I may just see if I can trade it for a G3 or FAL.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top