Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2018 3:20:12 PM EDT
Hello,

I recently purchased a brand New never fired MSAR XM-17, after doing research I found out the Rifle was never sent in for the magazine release recall. It still works great with Pmags and does not show any sign of wear. I just prefer the look of Steyr magazine

I was looking to see if I can buy a Steyr Aug A3 stock with Steyr  trigger pack (is it compatible? From what I see yes) and replace the XM-17 stock and likely sell it on this forum if anyone is interested than to buy Steyr magazines for the steyr stock.

I also plan on buying the RatWorx bolt and sleeve.

I am correct that I can use a Steyr stock ?
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 6:53:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Compatibility is a no, unless I missed something over the last few years. You may want to get a firing pin or two as spares, Pjs Steyr Aug has a few left, I just go 2 NOS, I also have a spare bolt and a RatWorx bolt as well. Whatever I could grab when they went out of business.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 7:28:29 PM EDT
[#2]
It should be compatible; there have been several board members who have run AUGs with MSAR XM-17 stocks.  Just make sure that the take down pin is rectangular and doesn't have curved corners.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 10:44:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes I have the rectangular button, would Steyr hammer pack work on a Msar bolt group(like strike the firing pin and cycling the action)  like the MX17 hammer pack works on Steyr bolt group
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 7:32:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes I have the rectangular button, would Steyr hammer pack work on a Msar bolt group(like strike the firing pin and cycling the action)  like the MX17 hammer pack works on Steyr bolt group
View Quote
I don't know, I've never swapped hammer packs.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 9:36:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I have found a picture with one person(BobNo1) being able to fit a Steyr stock to their Msar and a picture where someone couldn’t. I purchased the stock anyways. I’ll report back when it arrives if it works. Has anyone made this modification before or have any pictures of how to make the Steyr stock work?

Thank you
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 6:56:34 PM EDT
[#6]
For the record, a Steyr Stock A3 will fit on a MSAR Receiver will minimal filing. Although extremely tight fit, everything appears to work. I will see how it runs now with different stock

Link Posted: 2/7/2018 1:58:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For the record, a Steyr Stock A3 will fit on a MSAR Receiver will minimal filing. Although extremely tight fit, everything appears to work. I will see how it runs now with different stock

https://i.imgur.com/qgCh8kX.jpg
View Quote
Damn! That's good to know. How much was the stock?
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 10:38:11 AM EDT
[#8]
The problem with stiffness of the charging handle has been solved which caused alignment issues originally. I filed more of the locking latch to better fit the receiver. The receiver is now in line more with the stock so that charging handle is smooth and easy. I’ll take to the range to function check it when I get a new extractor.

The stock was $300 and included everything (hammer pack, etc)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top