Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2018 6:21:40 PM EDT
I know they are fairly new but I can't find any decent reviews, just some initial impressions. Does anybody have experience with the new Timney triggers for the MPX? Specifically the two-stage model? I'm debating whether to wait for Geissele to release something for the MPX or just bite the bullet and grab one of the Timney two-stage flat triggers whenever a decent sale comes up.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 8:52:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the Timney curved 2 stage in my MPX and couldn’t be happier.  No problems so far and much better than stock.  I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for Geissele.  They’ve already said they’ve stopped working on one for the MPX.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 9:39:31 PM EDT
[#2]
@willi3d Thanks for the response. When did Geissele say they stopped working on an MPX trigger? I don't recall hearing that.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 6:14:31 PM EDT
[#3]
About 2/3 of the way down on the second page of this thread.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/MPX-with-SSA-trigger-and-now-with-MBT-trigger-/45-470973/?page=2#i4915445
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 10:37:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I just put a hyper fire 24 in my mpx, 2.5 pound pull with just a hint of creep. 1000% improvement over the factory trigger for just over 100 bucks.

hyper touch 24 sale

I have a number of hyper fire triggers in my ar's, you cant go wrong with them, even their $59 duty triggers or a huge improvement over stock and on par with much more expensive products.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 12:57:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Does anyone know if the Noveske SRS 60º selector would work with the Timney MPX trigger?
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 12:00:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I put the Elftmann AR-9 in mine. It's the only one I've seen that says "yes" to the MPX.

http://www.elftactical.com/AR-9-AR-45_c_25.html

IMHO it feels much better than the  geissele SSA or SD3G's I have .

I don't have enough rounds thru it to give it the unconditional thumbs-up, but so far so good.

FWIW My MPX has a 5" barrel and runs an Omega 9K.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 12:46:32 AM EDT
[#7]
I put the Timney two stage MPX trigger in each of my MPXs.   I went from an 8 1/2 pound trigger pull to a four pound pull.   It is crisp and fantastic.   Best investment yet for the MPX and MPX-K model.

The installation was pretty straight forward and I had both installed in under 20 minutes.   I highly recommend the Timney as they come with a protective block to prevent damage to the sear and hammer components.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 3:15:34 AM EDT
[#8]
I finally pulled the trigger and bought a Timney two-stage for the MPX. Feels good but so far just from dry firing it's making me miss my Geissele SD-E and SD-C triggers. The reset is not as positive as the Geisseles' and the wall before the second stage seems to have a tiny amount of creep in some instances. We'll see how she breaks in.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 5:29:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@willi3d Thanks for the response. When did Geissele say they stopped working on an MPX trigger? I don't recall hearing that.
View Quote
I was watching Geissele's video on Friday for the release of the URGI complete upper.  At the end they had a number of general Geissele questions.  In answer to one about the MPX trigger, he said that they have one that is ready for high round count testing.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 11:10:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I was watching Geissele's video on Friday for the release of the URGI complete upper.  At the end they had a number of general Geissele questions.  In answer to one about the MPX trigger, he said that they have one that is ready for high round count testing.
View Quote
Oh man, that kills me to hear! Geissele is just taking too long on this one.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 11:21:53 AM EDT
[#11]
I am going to get the Wilson Combat MPX trigger. I’ll post a review once I do.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 4:28:38 PM EDT
[#12]
I just got back from the range where i just put 210 rounds through my MPX with the new Timney trigger.
Initially the reset was sluggish, by the end of the session it was purring nicely. Like many things it just needs breaking in.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 3:36:41 PM EDT
[#13]
I have about 1k on mine without any issues. It is the two stage version and that was part of the beta test from Timney. I couldn’t be happier with it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 11:21:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Hey y’all Im currently running a Geissele S3G in my MPX. I know I need to replace it with something else before I destroy it. I’ve been looking at the Wilson Combat and the Timney 1 stage. Any others I should consider?

I see a lot of shit talking about the mpx amongst the forum. Mine have been 100% reliable with and without running my tirant. Am I missing something? Is all the BS over the lack of caliber conversions?

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 9:58:13 AM EDT
[#15]
The Timney should be g2g... It's supposed to come OEM in the new Gen 2.5 PCC carbine, so Sig thinks it's good enough for general issue.

The 1-stage flat trigger would be the cat's meow and is 1/2 the reason I'm waiting for the new/updated carbine to come out. Sig gunna Sig.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 11:13:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The Timney should be g2g... It's supposed to come OEM in the new Gen 2.5 PCC carbine, so Sig thinks it's good enough for general issue.

The 1-stage flat trigger would be the cat's meow and is 1/2 the reason I'm waiting for the new/updated carbine to come out. Sig gunna Sig.
View Quote
Thx!
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 12:43:31 AM EDT
[#17]
I have a Timney Single Stage Curved Trigger in my MPX and I’m loving it. So far it’s been great, I have about 1K on it since I’ve added the Timney.

The only bad thing I can say is I had to add KNS anti-walk pins to it as the hammer pin has a tendency to walk right. That said since I’ve added it, no more problems with the hammer pin walking

Great trigger for the MPX, which mine is used for PCC competition
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top