Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2018 4:14:07 PM EDT
So I bought a gently used MPX this week. I’m wanting to put an optic on it, I’m thinking Red Dot. Is there a Red Dot scope that works exceptional well with the MPX?  This gun will be used for fun shooting, maybe even a truck gun.

I’m partial to Trijicon and Leupold. Never owned or looked through Aimpoint, Eotech or other popular offerings.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 5:16:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Just an opinion

I have a Aimpoint T2 with a EoTech magnifier.  I just move the magnifier to another gun.  I like shooting the MPX a lot (I have over 15k rounds through it.  However, given the range of a 9mm, a magnifier is not needed.  One can hit a man size target at 200 yards with a 4.5 barrel without a magnifier.   If I had to do it again, I would get the HE510C-GR Elite.  For a MPX a green circle dot would be perfect.  My friend has one and it is a good match for the MPX
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 10:34:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 9:45:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I originally put a Leupold Deltapoint Pro on mine and it was great but wound up using it for something else.

Then my old Aimpoint T1. This went back on my 11.5" AR

Right now it's got an EoTech EXPS3-0. It's a big optic for the gun, but it does wok REALLY good on it.

End game is to go back to the T1, once I get a T2 for the AR.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 1:22:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Optics fit uses, not guns IMO.

WTF are you using it for?

Basically any quality red dot will do. Keep in mind that the top rail of the MPX is going to sit slightly higher than most AR's depending on your stock/brace setup, so some of the taller mounts won't be fun to use. I'm partial to a Holosun 510c with the shield removed for USPSA PCC. Big window, clear reticle, plenty of brightness.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 3:18:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Any reason to not run a SIG Romeo 5 and keep in all in house?
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 11:38:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a Vortex SparcAR on mine and it works well.

Also easy on the wallet.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 3:56:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I had a Vortex on mine and just recently put an Aimpoint T2 on there after I switched optics on a different rifle.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 8:04:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Also easy on the wallet.
View Quote
This is what I did with one of the PSA deals so I got 10 pmags with it for my ARs as a bonus.  It serves its purpose for the MPX.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 6:09:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Stopped by the Bass Pro today.  To my surprise, they had a Trijicon MRO.  I took a look through it and noticed the field of view was decent for the size of the unit.  I also look through a Vortex red dot, it was like looking through a straw.  I want to find a Aimpoint T2 to compare to the Trijicon MRO.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 6:14:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
No, my philosophy has alway been stick to company that specializes in whatever it is you want.  Sig makes great weapons, maybe they make great red dots too. I'd rather stick with a company that all they do its optics.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 6:16:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Also easy on the wallet.
View Quote
Bass Pro had one of these too. I need to go back and look thru it.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 2:44:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Also easy on the wallet.
View Quote
This is what I have on my mpx sbr. Works well. Easy on wallet. I’m not a big fan of expensive optics for numerous reasons. Unlike a lot of people I don’t safe queen my stuff and actually use it. Gets banged around etc so that’s one of my reasons.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 3:27:27 AM EDT
[#14]
I removed the iron sights and installed a Vortex Razor Red dot .
I use it for Steel Challenge and USPSA. I like it.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 3:53:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
No, my philosophy has alway been stick to company that specializes in whatever it is you want.  Sig makes great weapons, maybe they make great red dots too. I'd rather stick with a company that all they do its optics.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The FBI issues SIG red dots FWIW. After the eotech debacle I RMA'd most of my Eotechs and bought various flavors of the Sig red dots because they have the eotech reticle or a simple dot.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 3:25:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The FBI issues SIG red dots FWIW. After the eotech debacle I RMA'd most of my Eotechs and bought various flavors of the Sig red dots because they have the eotech reticle or a simple dot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a Sig red dot on my work rifle (Romeo4). It works fine and has been reliable for us.

I have an MRO on my home defense rifle and on my MPX, however. I prefer it to the Sig RDS. Both are functional, and will do well. The Sig is less expensive.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 6:29:21 PM EDT
[#17]
I had an Aimpoint Comp M4s sitting in the safe, it paired up nicely with my MPX Carbine. I also have KAC Offset sights for BUIS
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 11:43:44 AM EDT
[#18]
I am running an Aimpoint PRO on mine, which works fine. Boring really.  I have a number of PRO's on different guns, and they are all 100%.
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 11:50:21 AM EDT
[#19]
I have an MRO on mine zeroed at 25 yards, works very well,  but I will be buying  an eo-tech to try out on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top