Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/15/2020 10:18:21 AM EDT
Anyone carrying their MPX K or Rattler every day in a backpack?  What pack are you using?  I want something that isn't covered front to back with MOLLE.  I love MOLLE, but it's too obvious for a weapon pack.  I'd also like something as small as possible that fits the gun snug, but not so snug as to hamper my ability to deploy it.  Right now I've seen people using the Vertx Gamut 2.0, but that's a 25L bag.  It's huge for what I want.  I'm also considering the Condor Fail Safe Gen 2.  It's only a 16L bag.  Anyone else have suggestions or working setups?  I want the gun to fit the 30 round magazine in.  Loaded and chambered.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:52:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I use the Vertx Gamut 2.0.  It has a gun compartment in the back; however, I use the center "laptop" compartment form my Rattler SBR. I put the rifle in the computer compartment and fold the stock over the the outside of it.  This gives ready access to the gun.  There is room on the velcro faced portion at the bottom for a mag case that will hold two 30 round AR mags and enough room on the side for two velcro tabs to hold a suppressor.  There is room for another mag and supplies on the outer compartment.  I have a handgun holster in the "gun compartment" but have never actually used it.

This is a photo of the gun and the backpack in on the floor in front. You have to remove the suppressor to store it in the backpack.

Link Posted: 7/15/2020 4:45:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I use a Vertx Ready Pack for my MPX-K.  It easily holds the gun with a 30 round magazine and a spare magazine.  I have an added ballistic panel and I also carry a trauma kit.  That leaves one more large pocket for whatever else I want to carry that day.

Link Posted: 7/19/2020 9:20:53 PM EDT
[#3]
It seems that Colion Noir carries a Rattler in a Vertx Ready Pack:

Link:
Everywhere I Go
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 1:26:51 PM EDT
[#4]
A PC bag/Indiana Jones style satchel work just fine with my Rattler.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top