Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2018 2:15:50 AM EDT
New trigger, new barrel, new handguard, new piston/gas system (?), new charging handle. Don’t care about anything but the gas system, has SIG finally made this gun into something that will suppress well?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw4SPq9QnWM
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 1:51:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I almost wonder if that specific model is aimed at competition with the flat trigger, lighter hand guard and compensator.

Lord knows 9mm doesn’t need a brake
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 1:55:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice to see an update.   I hope all of their current models get these improvements.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 1:59:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Guess the Sig beta testing never ends.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 4:49:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I almost wonder if that specific model is aimed at competition with the flat trigger, lighter hand guard and compensator.

View Quote
Agreed. There is a possibility there are no Gen3 changes and all we're seeing is a new 16" model that changes the gas port and trigger, adds the handguard and brake. Competition ready is totally a thing I can see SIG doing - because the MPX on the competition forums gets a lot of flack for not running people's weak ass competition loads (cheaters) which gets into malfunctions.

However... It's pretty clear to me that the MPX doesn't actually suppress well - (I don't want stories of ammo+can combos, some people just don't know what blowback is and I've accepted that. It's like TV black levels, once you see it, you can't unsee it.)  - so if they had a new piston system that had more range to it, this would make more sense than a new piston just for the 16" models. But, it's SIG we're talking about.

16" 9mm, light reciprocating mass, with a brake and barely legal competition loads, I'm sure that's a shockingly easy to shoot gun.

I'm hoping for a Gen3 though, adjustable or better gas system is what I need to buy one of these again.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 4:53:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Not a gen 3, but certainly aimed at the PCC market.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 11:34:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Agreed. There is a possibility there are no Gen3 changes and all we're seeing is a new 16" model that changes the gas port and trigger, adds the handguard and brake. Competition ready is totally a thing I can see SIG doing - because the MPX on the competition forums gets a lot of flack for not running people's weak ass competition loads (cheaters) which gets into malfunctions.

However... It's pretty clear to me that the MPX doesn't actually suppress well - (I don't want stories of ammo+can combos, some people just don't know what blowback is and I've accepted that. It's like TV black levels, once you see it, you can't unsee it.)  - so if they had a new piston system that had more range to it, this would make more sense than a new piston just for the 16" models. But, it's SIG we're talking about.

16" 9mm, light reciprocating mass, with a brake and barely legal competition loads, I'm sure that's a shockingly easy to shoot gun.

I'm hoping for a Gen3 though, adjustable or better gas system is what I need to buy one of these again.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Something tells me you’re the type that’s never happy... I’ve been guilty of the same, so don’t go buggin out on me.
Add me to the list of “yet another” HAPPY Gen2 MPX owner x2. They both suppress fantastically. Yes I do know what blowback is.
In my experience the people that have so many horrible things to say about these MPX’s, no not you, don’t even own them but they sure have read about a lot of bad shit!!
Lol. Ok, I’ll get off my soap box now...
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 1:01:53 PM EDT
[#7]
However... It's pretty clear to me that the MPX doesn't actually suppress well
View Quote
I'm assuming you don't own a suppressed MPX....
They suppress really well, I have a Gen 1 and it suppresses great with almost no gas face (and yes I have plenty of MGs with cans I know what gas face is). I've never taken anyone to the range who doesn't like the MPX the best out of all AR/M16/MP5/PCC rifles. I personally love the MP5 because its sexy but man running an MPX is just so easy. And I run all ammo but the RA9T is what I run most if that matters to you.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 3:16:13 PM EDT
[#8]
It’s think part of the problem is NFA doubles any fanboyism or buyers remorse or just even the hesitation to critically examine things. I don’t own and MPX currently. I did, and it was bad suppressed, with an Obisidan45, a large volume MK9K, a TiRant45, and I can’t remember which other can I tried, Gemtech or Griffin iirc.

I’m sure there are people out there that don’t notice, or really don’t have gassing issues. I sold a gen1 because it was bad, and range-borrowed a gen2 and saw no difference in gas. They just seem to unlock too fast, which if you examine the trigger issues like being beaten up, you have to realize a high peak bolt velocity and early unlock are the issue - both of which indicate you might get gassed.

I’m not shitting on the MPX, if they fix issues, I’ll buy another one. I’m eager to do so. But don’t get on here and tell me I’m a unique case of the only person who gets gassed by the MPX or that everyone that does is just internet guessing. That’s very foolish.

Bring on the Gen3 SIG.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 3:41:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It’s think part of the problem is NFA doubles any fanboyism or buyers remorse or just even the hesitation to critically examine things. I don’t own and MPX currently. I did, and it was bad suppressed, with an Obisidan45, a large volume MK9K, a TiRant45, and I can’t remember which other can I tried, Gemtech or Griffin iirc.

I’m sure there are people out there that don’t notice, or really don’t have gassing issues. I sold a gen1 because it was bad, and range-borrowed a gen2 and saw no difference in gas. They just seem to unlock too fast, which if you examine the trigger issues like being beaten up, you have to realize a high peak bolt velocity and early unlock are the issue - both of which indicate you might get gassed.

I’m not shitting on the MPX, if they fix issues, I’ll buy another one. I’m eager to do so. But don’t get on here and tell me I’m a unique case of the only person who gets gassed by the MPX or that everyone that does is just internet guessing. That’s very foolish.

Bring on the Gen3 SIG.
View Quote
Hey I believe you, but that is weird. Maybe it’s a gas block specific issue, maybe those cans? I do honestly believe that most people who write on the internet about MPX suppressed don’t own one though, or don’t understand gas face. Maybe they try one for 30rounds in an indoor range with supersonic ammo and tons of oil in the gun/BCG/can. I can get mine to be gassy by making it really wet and using some supers, but with subs and running it properly it’s great.
Personally it’s just odd for me to read people saying how bad their MPX is because my MPX with Gemtech multimount is amazing. Less gas than my M16/ARs and really not noticeable at all. I have a raptor CH in it maybe that helps? I also have a gas piston from Sig that seems to be perfect because I have noticeably less gas face with the factory one vs all the ILWT ones. What’s weird about mine too is that I cannot tell the difference between 165,147, and 147 hush in it, however in my MP5 the hush is noticeably quieter and smoother. Maybe I got a fluke, but mine runs awesome and it’s def my favorite firearm. Going back to 556 or blackout now seems like a chore.
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 12:59:09 PM EDT
[#10]
I would concede that people get varying degrees of blowback based on the normal factors, can and ammo. However you said you used an Octane45. I do as well and I can’t tell you how many people have shot my setup and said it was the most fun gun they’ve ever shot and not ONE person has ever complained about “the gas”.

My frustration isn’t with you directly, its generalized, people bagging on product and manufacturers, seemingly because they’ve got nothing better to do than armchair commando every damn thing. Shoot more bitch less.
I think I need to make a patch...
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 6:49:51 PM EDT
[#11]
When this subject comes up I'm always curious to know if it's indoor or outdoor shooting.  For me, gas to the face outdoors has never been a problem w/ any suppressed firearm.

Indoors, with poor ventilation, I could see it being an issue for some.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 3:46:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Any word on when we might see these? Sig vaporware?

Was contemplating picking up an MPX to replace my AR-9 for PCC, but this is (hopefully) a cheaper route than all aftermarket.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 4:51:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Never mind
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:40:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Never mind
View Quote
I got all excited when I saw this was bumped. Thought maybe someone spied one
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:49:24 AM EDT
[#15]
This would be a lot cooler if we could buy it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 10:44:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I got all excited when I saw this was bumped. Thought maybe someone spied one
View Quote
I feel ya.

I’ll bet $10 there is a bigger change to the MPX coming and SIG thinks the existing MPX won’t be desirable when new model is released.

They only have models with keymod, still. They’re clearly blowing out some inventory.

If I were to bet; they’re going after the Amry SCW / subgun program that seems to be designed for SIG. The further that moves along, the closer we are to seeing a new MPX.

Entirely speculation... but with the gas system and trigger drama which is directly related to the gas system - I think we see a model with an adjustable regulator.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 3:24:03 PM EDT
[#17]
The gas system is/was the only thing holding me back. If it were a matter of Timney trigger and handguard, those are easily solvable w/ aftermarket for a few hundred bucks. Adj. reg to run whatever loads I want would be nice though.

I got tired of waiting and am going to try to make a franken-CMMG guard work, but will still likely pick up a 'new' MPX if they ever come out.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 3:26:20 PM EDT
[#18]
I'd think that FAL-style gas would be pretty easy, but what do I know...
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 7:24:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Just posting as a tease I guess. Sig said 2 months.... back in May. Anyone heard of what they've actually done with the gas system? I see there's a new 3rd party teaser/review video out.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 4:09:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Has anyone seen them for sale or know of a release date?
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 6:53:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Has anyone seen them for sale or know of a release date?
View Quote
Two right now at Rainier Arms:
https://www.rainierarms.com/sig-sauer-mpx-9mm-pcc-16/
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 10:03:03 AM EDT
[#22]
I love sigs engineering and ideas that they bring forward but they have the serious issues with production and cost cutting.

The question that I have is what is if they are going to support gen 2 mpx's.

If I had to take a wager, I wouldn't count on it
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 3:12:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Does anyone know if they changed the threads on the barrel? I want to add a blast forward device.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 10:33:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I love sigs engineering and ideas that they bring forward but they have the serious issues with production and cost cutting.

The question that I have is what is if they are going to support gen 2 mpx's.

If I had to take a wager, I wouldn't count on it
View Quote
I have a gen 1.  After market parts and mags are still available.  I haven't been real happy with the marketing mistruths, caliber conversion comes to mind, but I think the platform and my specimen are very good.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 12:12:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 2:12:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 3:27:24 PM EDT
[#27]
They are showing up at distributors so we should see them on the streets soon.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 11:13:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Ha, I just place an order the Sig MPX Gen 3... Can't wait, Gen 1 and 2 were a bit too heavy and sadly had terrible triggers.  Sig finally listened!  Also, it weighs 1lbs less than its predecessors so less weight is a plus for running and gunning...  I'll post pics once it arrives~ :)
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 11:14:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
By the time Gen III launches I am sure they will be announcing Gen IV

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
Hmmm, that's an interesting assumption.  I just ordered the Gen 3 model with no problem~
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 3:28:34 AM EDT
[#30]
I wonder if a little further down the line if anyone sends their 1 or 2 in and they give you a gen3 as replacement if the guns flawed and u repairable etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top