Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/18/2018 10:03:47 PM EDT
Dont know much, MSRP supposed to be 2500.00.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 10:30:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Using 5.7 and they are not using mp7 mags. Dead to me.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 10:43:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
It says its using all MP7 parts..
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 10:43:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 10:45:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
Sadly Kind of where I am...
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 10:46:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm dubious. How can it use all the same parts if it's in a different caliber?

ETA: Reading comments it's a different magazine follower? New mag entirely just looks similar? I dunno. Judging by there instragram account and their copious use of caveman style marketing, I'm not getting my hopes up. Although they seem to be working with Tommybuilt who I know is legit so maybe it'll be alright.
Don't get me wrong, I would love to see civi mp7s though.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 11:13:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes please.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 11:36:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I recognize 2 of the parties hashtagged....

Guess we will see if its quality, i could see myself owning one
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 12:48:24 AM EDT
[#8]
The company reeks of Todd Bailey down to the dead website and no real contact info. Omega tried to separate themselves from Todd with Wade trying to separate himself from his family. They used hkparts as a intermediate but thanks to Adam from HKparts being a pile of shit we know they didn't buy Todd Bailey's operation like people originally thought. Todd wrote to the judge as independence parts explaining how hk parts buys his entire production from that company. That told us Todd is still in the game and Omega's claims of separation are not as they seem. I just wish the Bailey clan would be open with everyone. By many accounts Wade is making a good product. Looks like gsg9 is making their omega receivers and the parts for the g36 stuff for tommy built. They have said that the coharie arms ca-416 is there predecessor(which everyone knew the tooling was coharie/titan defense).

I'm guessing Todd Bailey is still involved in GSG9 due to everything else. Now this doesn't mean that the parts will be bad, some of the stuff he made was good. It does make me wonder if you will have any support if something does go wrong though. It sucks as I'd be kinda interested in this gun. Hell I even like the idea of it firing 5.7 ammo as it's more common(and I have a ps90).

The questionable background makes a gun that expensive a no go for me. I'd rather not be burned for as much as that will cost when I could buy a really nice gun in the same range.

Edit:

Yep it is a Todd Bailey operation still.

The corp info.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 9:58:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Tom of tommybuilt has said it's not using mp7 mags, and they are using a mag that looks similar. The gun won't be an exact clone but will look similar to avoid trade dress and patent issues. He builds fantastic guns but I'll wait and see how this turns out.

So take the IG post with a grain of salt. If they claim all parts are interchangeable then say they are not using a major component like the magazine's I'd wonder what else won't be comparable.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 10:21:19 AM EDT
[#10]
as much as owning an MP7 would be cool, this one doesnt look like its off to a good start.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 10:44:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:56:45 AM EDT
[#12]
If they are going to reinvent the wheel just to get it to market, I still would rather just have a Umarex 22LR clone.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 12:44:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I still would love to have a MP7 clone chambered in .22 MAG.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 1:18:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I still would love to have a MP7 clone chambered in .22 MAG.
View Quote
So, a SBR CMR-30?
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 1:44:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 1:44:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

So, a SBR CMR-30?
View Quote
Yes. In a MP7 formfactor.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 1:51:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I would also have preferred to see it in a 9/40/357 configuration.

Although, to be fair, 5.7 is more in line with the original purpose of the MP7 and more available than 4.6
View Quote
I'll take mine in 22 Reed Express.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 1:53:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The company reeks of Todd Bailey down to the dead website and no real contact info. Omega tried to separate themselves from Todd with Wade trying to separate himself from his family. They used hkparts as a intermediate but thanks to Adam from HKparts being a pile of shit we know they didn't buy Todd Bailey's operation like people originally thought. Todd wrote to the judge as independence parts explaining how hk parts buys his entire production from that company. That told us Todd is still in the game and Omega's claims of separation are not as they seem. I just wish the Bailey clan would be open with everyone. By many accounts Wade is making a good product. Looks like gsg9 is making their omega receivers and the parts for the g36 stuff for tommy built. They have said that the coharie arms ca-416 is there predecessor(which everyone knew the tooling was coharie/titan defense).

I'm guessing Todd Bailey is still involved in GSG9 due to everything else. Now this doesn't mean that the parts will be bad, some of the stuff he made was good. It does make me wonder if you will have any support if something does go wrong though. It sucks as I'd be kinda interested in this gun. Hell I even like the idea of it firing 5.7 ammo as it's more common(and I have a ps90).

The questionable background makes a gun that expensive a no go for me. I'd rather not be burned for as much as that will cost when I could buy a really nice gun in the same range.

Edit:

The corp info.
View Quote
Meh to all that, if the gun gets good reviews im interested.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 1:56:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Although, to be fair, 5.7 is more in line with the original purpose of the MP7 and more available than 4.6
View Quote
my original daydreaming for this gun was in 9mm
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 2:29:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
The main reason I want an Umarex 22LR clone is because it would most likely be a simple blowback 22 clone gun like all their others, a simple action inside a plastic shell. And it would most likely come with most of the features of the real gun intact (folding grip, collapsing stock, flip up sights, etc.) but it would come in at like $500 out the door like all their clones, and most likely use Umarex' common long barrel system which would mean a really long pencil barrel under a fake can that you could disassemble and easily cut down for SBR use (or Umarex or another aftermarket company could sell conversion barrel kits)... giving you a decent enough plinker clone for well under a grand that would check enough of the boxes to satisfy me.

This potential 5.7 clone offering will be a caliber shift clone that most likely ships as a feature-stripped pistol for $2500, which will then need the folding front grip and stock purchased separately (at who knows the availability or cost), possibly also not have the unique MP7 flip sights (again those HK sights are pretty rare and expensive), plus the NFA paperwork, plus extra frankenmags, putting you most likely well over 3 grand.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 3:08:09 PM EDT
[#21]
While not 100%, the LWRC folding grip is pretty close in size/asthetic. I have one on my 7.5 SBR, I like it.

I've always wanted an mp7, I'll be keeping an eye out
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 3:18:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 5:10:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I completely understand that.

I, personally, really don't have any interest in just buying the form factor. If I did I'd just buy airsoft guns instead.
View Quote
For me it is all about the form factor.

As a self appointed SMG / PDW douchebag collector fanatic, it is all about the minutia. I'd rather have a very close to form cheap clone in 22LR than an expensive kitbash clone in some other caliber. At least the Umarex is a firearm and not an airsoft... lord knows there are tons of SMGs I'll never have a chance to own that are available as airsoft that I have to restrain myself from purchasing.

-Ideally- I want a real HK made semi auto MP7 in 4.6mm... but the odds of that are between impossible and improbable. In my mind the next logical step is a licensed Umarex clone that has the correct dimensions, functions and markings. Very very low on my list of wants is a feature-neutered domestic pistol clone kitbashed into a different caliber by a company many have never heard of who may or may not be a front for a company I personally will never do business with again. Plus I imagine HK will defend their intellectual property on a modern design in court... it isn't like these are half century old MP5 designs or multiple decades old UMPs.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 7:47:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
My problem is it seems like business as usual for them. Make a new company to escape the bad name of the old. Claim your stuff is better and everything else is junk(saw them claim they have tested their barrels on the hk416 clone to like 90k rounds saying how others will fail at 20k) collect everyones money and run and hide when their shoddy product doesn't meet expectations. Make a new company and start again.

Very little contact info is usually a bad sign. What happens if you need warranty support? Whats parts support going to be like?

It seems like every few years people start defending Todd again with his new business saying stuff has changed and then we hear about people getting screwed by him again. It sucks because he is at least trying to get clone parts/systems out. I just wish it was someone else doing it that isn't scum like him.

Don't get me wrong, I want this to be good. I'd love to have a semi auto mp7 sbr in 5.7 as I have a ps90 and that ammo is easier to get than the ammo a real mp7 takes. History tells us that this probability isn't going to happen. I can think of like 8 companies off the top of my head he has hid behind. I've also seen a bolt carrier of his from hk parts and its nothing like the rcm or real hk ones.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 9:06:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My problem is it seems like business as usual for them. Make a new company to escape the bad name of the old. Claim your stuff is better and everything else is junk(saw them claim they have tested their barrels on the hk416 clone to like 90k rounds saying how others will fail at 20k) collect everyones money and run and hide when their shoddy product doesn't meet expectations. Make a new company and start again.

Very little contact info is usually a bad sign. What happens if you need warranty support? Whats parts support going to be like?

It seems like every few years people start defending Todd again with his new business saying stuff has changed and then we hear about people getting screwed by him again. It sucks because he is at least trying to get clone parts/systems out. I just wish it was someone else doing it that isn't scum like him.

Don't get me wrong, I want this to be good. I'd love to have a semi auto mp7 sbr in 5.7 as I have a ps90 and that ammo is easier to get than the ammo a real mp7 takes. History tells us that this probability isn't going to happen. I can think of like 8 companies off the top of my head he has hid behind. I've also seen a bolt carrier of his from hk parts and its nothing like the rcm or real hk ones.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

well, its unfortunate that some people got burnt but I also see a lot of people who are happy with their coharie etc. stuff, so I guess its a roll of the dice.

Its nice to see competition building in a race to rip off old HK designs....maybe it will light a fire under their ass to find loopholes in goofy german gun laws and bring more to market.  not holding my breath though.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 10:11:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Pass.

But this will be a hit with the Call of Duty guys (paging Jack G.) if it makes it to market.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:15:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, a SBR CMR-30?
I dont own an MP7, but the form factor has got to be really pretty close.   The CMR30 in SBR form is really light, compact, and quite a fun little gun.

It you are looking for a fun SBR that is something different than another AR, the CMR is a great little host.

That said, if the new MP7 clone gets decent review I would be tempted. At first pass I think I would actually prefer FN 5.7 as it is a common caliber to my P90 SBR.

My CMR30 SBR

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:19:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Edit:

The corp info.
View Quote
Fuck that, run away, far away
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 6:18:57 PM EDT
[#29]
I don’t mind it in 5.7, ive already got that for my five seven and PS90 SBR. I’m not privy to all the company drama. If they can make an MP7 clone that works well, and street prices in the teens, I’d probably jump.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 7:46:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Who would actually perform armorer  services for a MP7 ??? It would be an enormous investment in equipment IF HK sold you the admirers tools.
How much is a parts kit going for?

Is HK shipping demo post-samples to departments only?

Working with an airsoft manufacturer on a .22lr seems like a mass market option. The KWA MP7 is an airsoft gun I'm not ashamed of owning because there is zero chance I'll have a chance to ever buy a real one. Same thing with the Tokyo Marui Type 89
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:35:16 PM EDT
[#31]
This photo killed the MP7 for me.
I liked it because it was small, compact and lightweight.
It seems smaller and lighter than anything else out there due to the magazine pistol grip arrangement. I always liked the idea of a "1 handed gun" sub gun. Something I can shoot or keep on target while my other hand is doing something else.
But seeing this, I look at mp7s and go "meh" now. Maybe it balances slightly better than some other options but that's about it.
Attachment Attached File

At this point I'd rather have a TP9-N. Smaller, lighter and cheaper to shoot than a MP7 clone.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:08:08 AM EDT
[#32]
AH!!!!! My wiener!!! I hope this is true...
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 9:23:58 PM EDT
[#33]
I’m excited and disappointed at the same time.  I just wish it was true clone, using the same mags, parts, and caliber.  Ignore I really want a 5.7, I’ll buy a PS90.  The appeal is the caliber and the cool factor.  Wihout it being the correct caliber, some of the appeal is lessened imo.

I’d still love to get my hands on one though
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 7:25:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Any new info on this????
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 8:04:55 AM EDT
[#35]
I think it's a great idea that is uses 5.7x28, and I'm very interested in snagging one.

There's way, way more ammo and projectile options for 5.7 then there is for 4.6.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 8:04:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Eh.  Not interested as it stands now.  May change depending on how this shapes up.  If I already had 5.7 stuff I'd be more accepting of the caliber change, but I don't, so I'm not.  4.6 is pretty much the defining feature of the MP7.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 11:12:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Eh.  Not interested as it stands now.  May change depending on how this shapes up.  If I already had 5.7 stuff I'd be more accepting of the caliber change, but I don't, so I'm not.  4.6 is pretty much the defining feature of the MP7.
View Quote
You wouldn't take a MP5 in 10mm or SCAR in 6.5creedmoor or an AR in 300blk?

Screw 4.6. Not saying I'm a buyer but I understand making it in 5.7
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 12:29:38 AM EDT
[#38]
The people bitching about it not being 4.6 wouldn't buy it in 4.6 as a clone anyways.

5.7 is similar enough and makes way more sense. One small company making 4.6 guns isn't going to drive any ammo manufacturers to tool up for the round.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 1:43:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sure I would.  But i first want an MP5 in the caliber it was built for: 9mm.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 2:16:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Got to play with a MP7 just last week this looks identical and would perfectly pair up with my FN 5.7!
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 12:55:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Got to play with a MP7 just last week this looks identical and would perfectly pair up with my FN 5.7!
View Quote
It looks identical because that is a MP7 in the photo.
Not their production clone.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 3:48:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
Is take it in 5.7 over 4.6. Who even makes 4.6 ammo?
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 4:26:45 PM EDT
[#43]
I hope Todd makes an appearance.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 4:55:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fiocchi and S&B are both readily available from multiple vendors online.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 9:11:14 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm sorry. But what an ugly, ugly gun.
ETA: it looks like it has the ergonomics of an uzi.
ETA II: oh man, the projectile is barely larger in diameter than a .177 pellet?!
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 12:08:41 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well I have none of those either.  I do have a 9mm MP5 (which did have factory 10mm variants btw) and a 5.56 AR.  Not saying I wouldn't have a 300 BO AR, but ARs being modular and endless variants is kinda their thing, and as I already said I have the original caliber first.  I know nothing about SCARs, can't comment on that beyond no, I don't have a particular desire for a 6.5CM one.

Again, if I already had 5.7 stuff I wouldn't write it off.  But if I'm getting myself into a new caliber anyway, I want the one the gun was built around.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 12:36:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 12:55:14 AM EDT
[#48]
When does 4.7mm get fun? Seriously.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 1:01:16 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

When does 4.7mm get fun? Seriously.
View Quote
When you shoot it out of a Daisy. Seriously, what's with these designers making rounds smaller and smaller?
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 1:11:54 AM EDT
[#50]
One of the Tailhook braces could be fitted to this, and still have the same basic stock functions, couldn't it?

I'm talking of just the end of the Tailhook, not the entire thing, by the way.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top