Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2022 6:01:22 PM EDT
Recently bought an A3 stock and when I installed it on my gun, I noticed the stockpad/fork./rails section moves quite a bit up and down in the assembly. Video link included for reference.

Video

Saw a couple threads on other websites, but cannot quite figure out if what they are describing is the same as what I am experiencing.

Is this fixable, or is this normal?
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 6:23:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Recently bought an A3 stock and when I installed it on my gun, I noticed the stockpad/fork./rails section moves quite a bit up and down in the assembly. Video link included for reference.

Video

Saw a couple threads on other websites, but cannot quite figure out if what they are describing is the same as what I am experiencing.

Is this fixable, or is this normal?
View Quote

Eta: Just re-watched the video... Is that an HK A3 stock or a clone stock like MKE? Looks like (correction) POF

On an HK A3, the forks will move slightly when extended and not installed on the gun.

Yours is a bit excessive.

When installed, there should be none to very minimal stock wobble with variables of course. Like which gun, SP5 or clone and age of stock.

Worst case, you could send it in to someone like Bahnhof, who refinishes these for an overhaul.

Link Posted: 11/20/2022 6:36:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Many thanks for the reply!
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 6:49:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 6:50:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 7:00:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Installed
View Quote

Yeah, that's terrible.

And it's definitely not an HK stock. Maybe POF or something else?

Link Posted: 11/20/2022 7:16:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 7:44:15 PM EDT
[#7]
After viewing both videos, I would bet that's a "second generation" (most recent production) POF stock. It has the  telltale, unusually-shaped butt end, the old style latch handle, and the typical POF stock wobble.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 8:01:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 9:02:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Eta: Just re-watched the video... Is that an HK A3 stock or a clone stock like MKE? Looks like MKE

View Quote
Definitely not an MKE stock, as mentioned above it looks like POF to me.

Yea OP, that's not even close to acceptable.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 10:17:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I had one of the POF extra chromosome A3 stocks with excessive wobble.
There are steel tabs on top and bottom that are supposed to support the rails behind the end cap. I even tried to add material to those tabs but it really didn’t help. Good luck.

Thread about it on HKPRO

https://www.hkpro.com/threads/fixing-a-pof-a3-stock-wobble.471344/
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 3:31:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Definitely POF with the extra chromosome.

POF stocks always come with wobble. New used or whatever. No getting around that.

That being said, while brand new HK factory A3 stocks come rock solid(mounted on actual HKs, clones may vary), they will loosen up and wobble too, depending on how much use and
abuse they've taken.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 3:38:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Installed
View Quote

Oof.

From this vid, looks like someone tried to take an already wobble prone POF A3 and attempt an HK universal(.40/10mm) cut out
on the left side of the fork. With less meat, I could definitely see that increasing the Weeble-Wobble factor.

That really sucks.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 3:44:42 AM EDT
[#13]
It is from the Bockystan.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 10:31:28 PM EDT
[#14]
POF stock...they all wobble and have bad paint jobs
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top