Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2019 10:30:32 PM EDT
Anyone make one yet that uses the retractable stock struts?  Been waiting to buy a PTR-9CT but won't until someone makes a dang brace for them...
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 10:33:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag for interest.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 10:39:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Tommy built has a part to make a collapsible stock work with a tailhook, but that is a diy project. AFAIK there isn’t anything slap on ready out there.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 12:12:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tommy built has a part to make a collapsible stock work with a tailhook, but that is a diy project. AFAIK there isn’t anything slap on ready out there.
View Quote
I think he'll assemble it for you but its expensive. You need an a3 stock to cut up, the adapter, and the tailhook.

Safety Harbor sells one for the K guns complete if I'm not mistaken.

Personally I'd sbr the gun instead of going with that expensive tail hook if its an option as it would be cheaper.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 12:28:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I think he'll assemble it for you but its expensive. You need an a3 stock to cut up, the adapter, and the tailhook.

Safety Harbor sells one for the K guns complete if I'm not mistaken.

Personally I'd sbr the gun instead of going with that expensive tail hook if its an option as it would be cheaper.
View Quote
I’m moving shortly or I would now. Was just curious if any reasonable options existed before I bought the gun. I want to pick up an Omega 9k before I buy the gun anyways.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 12:32:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd run the side folding brace then until you move and then form 1 it if that is the case.

One of my friends used the side folding brace on his zenith k gun until his stamp came back and liked it. I just didn't shoot my sp5k or zenith full sized until the stamps came back and then got real stocks. My hk 94's were sbr'd by tsc machine when they converted them so they sat until form 4's came back.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 1:44:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Safety harbor has a k and said after shot the full size will be available.

I have q safety harbor set up for my K. It’s awesome. All benififs of a reverse stretch without the need of proprietary parts.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 4:04:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Here's a video. Looks pretty easy to make.

https://www.tommybuilttactical.com/tailhook-adapter-for-mp5-a3-stock

Tailhook adapter for MP5 A3 retractable stock

A few pics found on the net.

Link Posted: 1/20/2019 4:40:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Safety harbor has a k and said after shot the full size will be available.

I have q safety harbor set up for my K. It’s awesome. All benififs of a reverse stretch without the need of proprietary parts.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/136152/5766458C-77B9-4D48-B85D-808965CECCF8_png-814372.JPG
View Quote
Hmm.  I like the idea but I wish it looked closer to HK OEM.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 5:01:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Hmm.  I like the idea but I wish it looked closer to HK OEM.
View Quote
SBR it then. I’ve done both. But I’d rather not cut up a perfectly good A3 stock when a well made alternative is available.

Also the safety harbor has a qd socket on each side.

Just my opinion
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 5:33:04 PM EDT
[#10]
I went ahead and built my own. It wasn't to difficult. Gunbroker will be your friend I watched it like a hawk for months (also ebay).

Here is a quick vid I made about it last year I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDd5EqLpMkc
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 7:20:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I went ahead and built my own. It wasn't to difficult. Gunbroker will be your friend I watched it like a hawk for months (also ebay).

Here is a quick vid I made about it last year I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDd5EqLpMkc
View Quote
Whats the length of pull? I was interested in dropping the cash to make one until the super secret ATF ruling of 13.5" max LoP came to light.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 8:07:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Whats the length of pull? I was interested in dropping the cash to make one until the super secret ATF ruling of 13.5" max LoP came to light.
View Quote
Wut? Do you have more info on this?
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 8:18:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Wut? Do you have more info on this?
View Quote
The info came to light in a trial. Luckily, the guy was found not guilty at least.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/11/daniel-zimmerman/atf-suffers-rare-court-loss-in-ohio-short-barrel-rifle-prosecution/
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 12:45:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The info came to light in a trial. Luckily, the guy was found not guilty at least.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/11/daniel-zimmerman/atf-suffers-rare-court-loss-in-ohio-short-barrel-rifle-prosecution/
View Quote
Just made me think about those ar pistols with a side folding law tactical. Wonder if that puts them over the 13.5”secret length
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 10:14:02 PM EDT
[#15]
I have this on my Z5P................I like it a lot

Custom Smith MP5 brace
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 10:28:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Custom Smith MP5 brace
View Quote
Something like this is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 12:09:28 AM EDT
[#17]
SB Tactical is coming out with one.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 12:14:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
I saw a pic on their Instagram feed.  They are showing it at SHOT.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 1:22:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gives the original non-folding SB Tactical MP5 brace a run for its money in the 'ugly as hell' department.

Link Posted: 1/23/2019 8:15:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Gives the original non-folding SB Tactical MP5 brace a run for its money in the 'ugly as hell' department.

https://i.imgur.com/zdmNoWR.png
View Quote
Yea I've never been a fan of plastic end caps especially with all the newly made ones. They really need to make an exact copy of an HK steel end cap and start with that. The more they can them look original the better. I don't like all the modern shit with air scoops, fins, ribs etc. PTR loves that shit though.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 8:52:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
I saw that too.  That thing looks like a monstrosity and is ugly as fuck.  The B&T GHM9 brace adapter with tailhook style would look awesome IMO on an MP5K.  Kinda resembles the Tech Smith one mentioned in this thread.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 8:53:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Custom Smith MP5 brace
View Quote
That is a sharp brace!
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 12:46:56 PM EDT
[#23]
The guys that make the tailhook have supposedly had a factory collapsing brace in the works for years now.  I have my doubts that we'll ever see it though.
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 12:53:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The guys that make the tailhook have supposedly had a factory collapsing brace in the works for years now.  I have my doubts that we'll ever see it though.
View Quote
Could this be it pictured on the new PSA-5?

About halfway down
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Miami_JBT-s-SHOT-Show-Coverage-W-Pics-and-Vids/5-2187156/?page=4
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 12:56:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

About halfway down
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Miami_JBT-s-SHOT-Show-Coverage-W-Pics-and-Vids/5-2187156/?page=4
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

About halfway down
Yeah, or it's a very close copy.  Whether it's made by the tailhook guys I don't know.  I'm hoping that if PSA makes them in house that they'll sell it separately as well.
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 9:00:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
That is a sharp brace!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Custom Smith MP5 brace
That is a sharp brace!
I'm very happy with mine.............it's nice and sturdy, and they stand behind their work. If I ever get a K, I am going to get one of the collapsible braces they make for it. Sure, it's pricey, but to me it's worth it
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 11:29:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top