Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2018 1:42:43 PM EDT
So they dont make new MP5 22lr's anymore?  Will somebody?  I was going to SBR one to match my zenith.....but i shutter at getting one that has been discontinued already.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 1:36:56 AM EDT
[#1]
9mm is cheap to reload, suppress it and very quiet, just buy a 9mm brother for your Zenith maybe a K version
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 3:11:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Just got my HK MP5 in .22LR back from the gunsmith

9” barrel with an AAC Element2 suppressor

Made by Umarex/Walther I believe, but licensed by HK

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 3:57:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I love my HK MP5SD .22LR.   Great shooter!
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 12:47:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
9mm is cheap to reload, suppress it and very quiet, just buy a 9mm brother for your Zenith maybe a K version
View Quote
I have 3 suppressed 9mm sbr's including my Zenith.  Want a 22lr MP5 clone.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 1:39:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Umarex/Walther/HK MP5 SD .22lr.   LOVE IT!  Great shooting plinker.

Link Posted: 1/17/2018 12:23:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Umarex/Walther/HK MP5 SD .22lr.   LOVE IT!  Great shooting plinker.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/112200/277532_10152076151290131_1326454720_o-422223.jpg
View Quote
Saddly....i had (and sold) the gsg/gemtech integral SD....one of 89. It was awesome and redicously quiet but i questioned the build quality of GSG so i sold it.  Should have kept.  Either way ill do the hk walther this time around.
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 9:50:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, I hope they’re not being discontinued. My MP5-22 is one of the most accurate & reliable .22 rifles I own.

I bought some cheap Winchester bulk ammo years ago that was junk. Even my most reliable rimfires wouldn’t run it, but the MP5-22 did.

I did a quick search and could not find a NIB in stock. I know Walther/Umarex stopped making the rimfire fixed stock a few years ago.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 5:50:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Surprised to hear they discontinued these, they were very popular.  These are far better made than the GSG versions that's for sure.  Just for the record these guns were distributed/imported by Umarex, built by Walther and licensed by HK.  They are the only ones of their kind licensed by HK which is pretty cool.  Ignore anyone who says they are made by Umarex because they aren't, they are definitely made by Walther for HK.

I expected them to be nice but they were far nicer than that.  I was really surprised to see how accurate these are.  I really love mine, too bad that other folks aren't going to get to own one unless they find a used one.  This is a terrible picture, it was done just for insurance reasons.  This is my HK MP5 SD 22.  It has an aluminum rail with a Vortex Strikefire reddot which turned out to be a great optic for this gun.  The reddot looks long because it has the magnifier screwed on.

Link Posted: 2/14/2018 4:07:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok....got the HK non SD version.  Now need to figure out how to SBR this thing.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 5:27:44 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm not sure the SD version can be SBR'ed and suppressed or at least I've never heard of it being done.  The other one makes a much easier host from what I've read so good choice.  I had no plans for doing anything like that to mine so I chose the SD version.  I liked that the barrel was completely enclosed and I just liked the look of it more.

Now I'm torn as to whether to get the fixed stock before they are gone, if they aren't gone already.  I really like the collapsible stock but it's nice to have choices.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 12:18:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Good luck finding a fixed stock for the MP5-22, been looking for one for two years now. Walther stopped production a long time ago, used ones seem to go for more than I’m willing to pay. I tried modifying an airsoft rifle stock but was too flimsy. A real MP-5 stock isn’t cheap and also requires mods.

I’ve thought about trying to mod a surplus wood G3 stock, they’re cheap but they don’t come with buttplates.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 4:04:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Good luck finding a fixed stock for the MP5-22, been looking for one for two years now. Walther stopped production a long time ago, used ones seem to go for more than I’m willing to pay. I tried modifying an airsoft rifle stock but was too flimsy. A real MP-5 stock isn’t cheap and also requires mods.

I’ve thought about trying to mod a surplus wood G3 stock, they’re cheap but they don’t come with buttplates.
View Quote
Guess I waited too long, thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:04:35 AM EDT
[#13]
I don't recall the site I ordered from when I bought mine...  I did add the stock and remember it being listed a regular HK MP5 stock that happened to fit the 22LR. Pretty sure it was <$80. Glad I purchased it knowing that they are hard to come by.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

About 5 yrs later and still one of my favorite 22s to shoot.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 6:42:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Out of curiosity, are the .22lr clones actually roller lock?  Or is it just a .22 that is an MP5 in looks only?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:06:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 8:27:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Just got my HK MP5 in .22LR back from the gunsmith

9” barrel with an AAC Element2 suppressor

Made by Umarex/Walther I believe, but licensed by HK

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/464598/0F6AF54D-912E-4D56-8A4C-019A2E509874-411934.JPG
View Quote
THIS!  The Walther units are very well reviewed, and they have a marine/fat can version.

Check CDNN sports.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top